Problems with Oort Online – Help here!

Home Forums Support Problems with Oort Online – Help here!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      James
      Keymaster

Oort Online is currently pre-alpha and available via Steam Early Access.

We’ve worked really hard to try and make sure that the game is stable but there will be some crashes and bumps along the way. But you can help us!

If the game is failing for you then you can help us resolve the issue by following the instructions below:

1. The game totally fails to even start 🙁

• We need the debug logs (see below).
      • We also need your machine configuration (see below).

2. The game starts, I’m asked to sign in / create an account, but then it fails

• Send us the error message.

Possible solution: This is often because your machine is running a firewall and it is stopping the game from connecting to the game servers. Many users have been able to alter their firewall settings to allow the game to work. We’re also investigating making Oort Online work more cleanly with Steam + Firewalls – so this tinkering isn’t required in the future.

3. The game starts, I can play, it’s AMAZING – but then it crashes!

• We need the debug logs (see below).
      • We also need your machine configuration (see below).
      • We need a detailed description of what you were doing when the game failed. Is it reproducible, ie. does it always crashes when you do the same thing.

HOW TO SEND YOUR DEBUG LOGS:

The game generates debugging logs in:

• Mac OS X at /tmp/tblz_log.txt
      • Windows at c:\temp\tblz_log.txt

Assuming the folders exist. If they don’t create them and try again. These files might contain information about why. Please send us these files.

YOUR MACHINE CONFIGURATION:

Please include as much of the following information as possible:

• Operating system and exact version.
      • CPU and RAM.
      • GPU and video RAM.
      • Graphics driver version.
      • Your country and town, for example: France, Paris
      • Did you buy the game on oortonline.com or directly on Steam Early Access?
      • At what point does the game fail – please describe this carefully, including any error messages. Including a screen shot would really help.

Send all the details to oortonline@turbulenz.com

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by James.
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by James.
      MrMicroSpy

i bout oort online on steam but i dont sem to be able to youse that acount to login here as you can se i write as a Participant but i shuld be a Explorer

Lord-Cerberus
      Participant

So I got the game a few days ago and was working on a castle on the Us-West Shodi server. It appears to be down and now I can not log in to any server. I was wondering if you guys have the servers down for a huge maintenance update or what but would like to have a update on what is going on. So far I really love the game and I can see it will have a lot of potential. Though I have noticed a few problems with rendering the night before. I was digging up dirt to flatten an area and then the dirt would pop back up. logging out of the game and entering back in would fix the problem. I was watching my Render MS bounce from 5 to 14 then shoot up to 29. The odd thing is the first few days I had zero problems. I also did have a few times of being booted off of the game. It is possible there is a memory leak. Something worth looking into. Also as MrMicroSpy noted I bought the CE edition and I was not able to log in to the forums with my account that I use to log into the game with. I want to donate more money to you guys but I would like to see some progress and be able to play again.

ConanOLion
      Participant

I purchased Oort Online a few days ago and everything was working smoothly. I accidently froze my computer however, and force closed the game from my task manager. Upon reopening it, the game only shows up in my task bar. No game window loads. I tried adding the custom launch parameter “-windowed” but that didn’t work. I also tried rebooting and reinstalling the game as well as verifying the games integrity. None of these things worked. I opened oortonline.exe.config in notepad and extracted the url “https://ga.me/account/forgot?slug=oortonline-preview” and this allowed me to play it via web browser, but I really want to be able to play the executable version. Any ideas?
      -Matthew

James
        Keymaster

Can you send us the debug logs? Description of how to get these is in the sticky post.

ConanOLion
        Participant

javascriptengine_v8.cpp(581): (turbulenz::ArrayBufferAllocator::ArrayBufferAllocator)Creating 14 fast allocators
        tasks.cpp(17): (Tasks::Initialize)Initializing TBB task scheduler. 5 threads
        turbulenz.cpp(107): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::StaticInitialize)Enabling ENGINELOG
        standalone.cpp(142): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(143): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize)GameCodeStaticInitialize
        standalone.cpp(65): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode::StaticInitialize)STATIC INIT (TEMPLATE): GameCode
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(3470): (turbulenz::internal::V8TypeInitializeStatic) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::internal::V8TypeInitializeStatic) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(30): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(36): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize)SteamServices::Initialize returned true
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(252): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        standaloneplatformreaders.cpp(622): (turbulenz::StandalonePlatform::SetHttpCachePath)HttpCache: enabled (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\58826244\324510\local\static-cache)
        steam.cpp(252): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(158): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2252): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)new Wrapped: 0852BCA8
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)Created Wrapped (oortonline::GameCode): 0852BCA8
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2252): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)new Wrapped: 085310B0
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)Created Wrapped (WebWorker): 085310B0
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(616): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::GetAndResolveLaunchURL)Using launch url: https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play
        uriutils.cpp(311): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize)URL https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play:
        uriutils.cpp(312): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) url : https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play
        uriutils.cpp(313): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) file_root :
        uriutils.cpp(314): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) game_slug : oortonline-preview
        uriutils.cpp(315): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) game_slug_and_version : oortonline-preview
        uriutils.cpp(316): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) use_http : true
        uriutils.cpp(317): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_protocol : https
        uriutils.cpp(318): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_server : ga.me
        uriutils.cpp(319): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_port : 443
        uriutils.cpp(320): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_server_root : https://ga.me
        uriutils.cpp(321): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_server_path : /games/oortonline-preview/
        uriutils.cpp(322): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_site : gamesite
        uriutils.cpp(323): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_multiplayer_session:
        uriutils.cpp(324): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_hub_project_version:
        steam.cpp(994): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(1002): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID)user id: 76561198019091972
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(881): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(912): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket)Got auth token (234 bytes)
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(806): (turbulenz::SteamServices::UserStatsReceivedCB)got stats
        steam.cpp(963): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicketResponseCB) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(944): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(949): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks)making callback (true) …
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicketResponseCB) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(1673): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::DownloadCode)GameCodeURL : https://d36kx37nk0bz9z.cloudfront.net/UmphmIBEptbV_zL9/j/-QF6T2z2ONz5Pg6wX8XGUow-ExVrglDvtpzcqGfdIE5c28d.tzo
        engine.cpp(1674): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::DownloadCode)GameCodeForceCache: true
        engine.cpp(1700): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::RunCode)Code data is .tzo
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: standalone startup…
        turbulenz.cpp(775): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::SetProperty)VMath object set. MathDevice will be overridden.
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: multiplayer.session.join
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: starting.
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _initialize: calling _handleFetchStoreMeta to prime meta data
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleFetchStoreMetaFn: enter
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/items/read/oortonline-preview
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: method: GET
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/currency-list
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: method: GET
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: nativeOnReadyFn: ready: true
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: not ready (metaReady: false, nativeReady: true)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: finished init
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: config.set
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: config.request()
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleConfigRequestFn: enter
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: emitting: config.set, {“mode”:”plugin”}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.response
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.start
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.end
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.start
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.end
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onCurrencyInfoFn: got currency: {“currencyName”:”US Dollar”,”alphabeticCode”:”USD”,”numericCode”:840,”minorUnitPrecision”:2}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onStoreItemsFn: got item data: {“items”:{},”resources”:{}}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: no listener for store.meta.v2 adding to pending list
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaReadyFn: meta data is ready
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: nativeOnReadyFn: ready: true
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: meta and native ready
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaAndNativeReady: all ready. consuming purchases …
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: meta and native ready
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaAndNativeReady: all ready. consuming purchases …
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: nativePurchasesQueryFn: 0 nativePurchases: []
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: 0 purchases remaining
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: finished
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: nativePurchasesQueryFn: 0 nativePurchases: []
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: 0 purchases remaining
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: finished
        networkdevice.cpp(224): (turbulenz::NetworkDevice::Initialize)certificate path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oort Online\ca-bundle.crt
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: game.session.created(58a9b76302dd7e08d15e9e54)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _handleGameSessionCreated: id: 58a9b76302dd7e08d15e9e54
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone – fake worker
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: Using standalone worker[object Object]
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: MeshWorkerManager onMessage WORKER_CREATED
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: WORKER_CREATED
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: transferableObjectsSupported = false
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: WebWorker ready
        win32entry.cpp(221): (turbulenz::Win32NativeEngine::~Win32NativeEngine)Destroying
        engine.cpp(182): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Exiting turbulenz
        standalone.cpp(200): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(201): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown)GameCodeShutdown
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(192): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)calling TurbulenzEngine.onunload
        platform.cpp(370): (turbulenz::Platform::ShutdownAllTasks)shutting down tasks …
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: game.session.destroyed(58a9b76302dd7e08d15e9e54)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: emit: no bridge handler for signal: game.session.destroyed
        engine.cpp(197): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)remaining object counts
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2388): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts)Object Counts:
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) LocalStorage – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) XMLHttpRequestObject – 2
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) RenderTarget – 2
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Shader – 20
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) IndexBuffer – 5
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) VertexWriteIterator – 7
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Semantics – 16
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) IndexWriteIterator – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Technique – 52
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) TechniqueParameters – 67
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) KeyCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Texture – 93
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) VertexBuffer – 11
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Source – 100
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DataView – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Sound – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) NetworkDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) PadCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) MouseCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) InputDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) PhysicsDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Turbulenz – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) SoundDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) GraphicsDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) WebWorker – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) oortonline::GameCode – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) NativePlatform – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) WindowObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DocumentObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) ConsoleObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DynamicTestObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) StaticTestObject – 1
        engine.cpp(201): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Global objects removal
        engine.cpp(219): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)turbulenzjsengine shutdown
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2014): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        meshworker.cpp(409): (turbulenz::oortonline::MeshWorker::PollTasks)Exited MeshWorker.
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(57): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(166): (turbulenz::SteamServices::Shutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::Shutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2014): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::WebWorker>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::WebWorker>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 51 objects
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(57): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 0 objects
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1054): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Giving up.
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1266): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::Shutdown)Custom shutdown …
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 5 objects
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 0 objects
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1054): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Giving up.
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1273): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::Shutdown)Failed to collect all Wrapped objects …
        engine.cpp(222): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)turbulenz static release
        engine.cpp(225): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)delete platform
        engine.cpp(229): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)delete jsengine
        engine.cpp(233): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)static shutdown …
        standalone.cpp(150): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(151): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown)GameCodeStaticShutdown
        standalone.cpp(72): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode::StaticRelease)STATIC SHUTDOWN (TEMPLATE): GameCode
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(0DA3ED20)
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(0DA0B008)
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(0855D020)
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(115C4C90)
        engine.cpp(251): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Shutdown done
        freelist.h(606): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy)At shutdown, Slab for 12 byte objects:
        freelist.h(608): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) 0 full, 1 active, 1 empty slabs
        freelist.h(615): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) -254 / 254 entries unfree-ed
        freelist.h(606): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy)At shutdown, Slab for 16 byte objects:
        freelist.h(608): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) 0 full, 1 active, 1 empty slabs
        freelist.h(615): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) -240 / 240 entries unfree-ed

James
        Keymaster

Hmmm. No clues in there. I’ve asked an Elf to take a look.

Have you changed anything about the configuration of your machine?
        * Different hardware?
        * Different monitor configuration?
        * Changed any firewall or router settings?

Assuming you have a 64bit operating system – you could give a beta of the 64bit version a try. You can accesses it with the password: oortwin64beta

This might work. If it crashes when you enter a world please switch back to the default version – as we’re still tracking down some issues before releasing the 64bit version for everyone.

ConanOLion
        Participant

I bought a new mouse yesterday. That is when the problem started. The game however did work after 2 sessions with the new mouse. I really don’t see how a mouse could affect this at all in any case.
        Using the 64bit beta did show improvement. The game window showed up but crashed when loading chunks.

James
        Keymaster

If it’s crashing when loading chunks then you need to switch back to the default version. (You’re hitting the issue which has stopped us releasing the 64bit version.)

Maybe the standard version might work again??

ConanOLion
        Participant

The standard version is still giving me the original problem. Is there any sort of console that I can open to watch whats going wrong in the loading process? Any crash reports?

James
        Keymaster

The log you shared before is the output from starting the game.

The fact that the 64bit version started as expected – suggests it’s a setup issue – as both games are identical apart from the different architecture.

Could you try:

1. Deleting the tblz_log.txt file.
        2. Restarting the game.
        3. Share the log again.

I want to make sure that the log was for the failed starts rather than an earlier game.

Can you also describe carefully what does happen when the game starts? At what point does it fail? Do any windows get displayed? What do they contain?

I have admit this sounds like an installation issue. But if you have already reinstalled the game this might not be the case. Potentially you could try that again. Clearing the local install and resetting up the game.

Sorry it’s not working as expected.

– James.

ConanOLion
        Participant

I’m at a loss. I reinstalled the game multiple times. I was under the impression that reinstalling a steam game keeps the files the exact same as they were at the uninstall. If that’s the case, it could be the problem, but I don’t know how to get a clean copy.
        Also, here are the new debug logs.
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(581): (turbulenz::ArrayBufferAllocator::ArrayBufferAllocator)Creating 14 fast allocators
        tasks.cpp(17): (Tasks::Initialize)Initializing TBB task scheduler. 5 threads
        turbulenz.cpp(107): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::StaticInitialize)Enabling ENGINELOG
        standalone.cpp(142): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(143): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize)GameCodeStaticInitialize
        standalone.cpp(65): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode::StaticInitialize)STATIC INIT (TEMPLATE): GameCode
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(3470): (turbulenz::internal::V8TypeInitializeStatic) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::internal::V8TypeInitializeStatic) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(30): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(36): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize)SteamServices::Initialize returned true
        nativeplatform_steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        standaloneplatformreaders.cpp(622): (turbulenz::StandalonePlatform::SetHttpCachePath)HttpCache: enabled (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\58826244\324510\local\static-cache)
        standalone.cpp(158): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)new Wrapped: 086F5498
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)Created Wrapped (oortonline::GameCode): 086F5498
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)new Wrapped: 086EB708
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject)Created Wrapped (WebWorker): 086EB708
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeInitialize) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(616): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::GetAndResolveLaunchURL)Using launch url: https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play
        uriutils.cpp(311): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize)URL https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play:
        uriutils.cpp(312): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) url : https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play
        uriutils.cpp(314): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) game_slug : oortonline-preview
        uriutils.cpp(315): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) game_slug_and_version : oortonline-preview
        uriutils.cpp(320): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_server_root : https://ga.me
        uriutils.cpp(321): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_server_path : /games/oortonline-preview/
        uriutils.cpp(323): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_multiplayer_session:
        uriutils.cpp(324): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) http_hub_project_version:
        steam.cpp(994): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(1002): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID)user id: 76561198019091972
        steam.cpp(881): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(912): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket)Got auth token (234 bytes)
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(806): (turbulenz::SteamServices::UserStatsReceivedCB)got stats
        steam.cpp(963): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicketResponseCB) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(944): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(949): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks)making callback (true) …
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicketResponseCB) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(1673): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::DownloadCode)GameCodeURL : https://d36kx37nk0bz9z.cloudfront.net/UmphmIBEptbV_zL9/j/-QF6T2z2ONz5Pg6wX8XGUow-ExVrglDvtpzcqGfdIE5c28d.tzo
        engine.cpp(1674): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::DownloadCode)GameCodeForceCache: true
        engine.cpp(1700): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::RunCode)Code data is .tzo
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: standalone startup…
        turbulenz.cpp(775): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::SetProperty)VMath object set. MathDevice will be overridden.
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: multiplayer.session.join
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: starting.
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _initialize: calling _handleFetchStoreMeta to prime meta data
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleFetchStoreMetaFn: enter
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/items/read/oortonline-preview
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/currency-list
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: not ready (metaReady: false, nativeReady: true)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: finished init
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: config.set
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: config.request()
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleConfigRequestFn: enter
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: emitting: config.set, {“mode”:”plugin”}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.response
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.start
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.end
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.start
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.end
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onCurrencyInfoFn: got currency: {“currencyName”:”US Dollar”,”alphabeticCode”:”USD”,”numericCode”:840,”minorUnitPrecision”:2}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onStoreItemsFn: got item data: {“items”:{},”resources”:{}}
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: no listener for store.meta.v2 adding to pending list
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaReadyFn: meta data is ready
        networkdevice.cpp(224): (turbulenz::NetworkDevice::Initialize)certificate path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oort Online\ca-bundle.crt
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: game.session.created(d7beb76302dd7e0803fa9e54)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _handleGameSessionCreated: id: d7beb76302dd7e0803fa9e54
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone – fake worker
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: Using standalone worker[object Object]
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: MeshWorkerManager onMessage WORKER_CREATED
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: WORKER_CREATED
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: transferableObjectsSupported = false
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: WebWorker ready
        win32entry.cpp(221): (turbulenz::Win32NativeEngine::~Win32NativeEngine)Destroying
        engine.cpp(182): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Exiting turbulenz
        standalone.cpp(200): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(201): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown)GameCodeShutdown
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        engine.cpp(192): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)calling TurbulenzEngine.onunload
        platform.cpp(370): (turbulenz::Platform::ShutdownAllTasks)shutting down tasks …
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2323): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::V8GetStackTrace)2 frames
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2332): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::V8GetStackTrace) 0 – line 952 : Ig.shutdown
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2332): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::V8GetStackTrace) 1 – line 2787 : TurbulenzEngine.onunload
        standalonejsengine.cpp(37): (turbulenz::StandaloneJSEngine::DoReportException)!! ERROR : bad arguments to clearTimeout
        [0]oortonline-preview:952 – Ig.shutdown
        [1]oortonline-preview:2787 – TurbulenzEngine.onunload

consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: game.session.destroyed(d7beb76302dd7e0803fa9e54)
        consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB)CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: emit: no bridge handler for signal: game.session.destroyed
        engine.cpp(197): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)remaining object counts
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2388): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts)Object Counts:
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) LocalStorage – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) XMLHttpRequestObject – 5
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) KeyCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Texture – 19
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) IndexBuffer – 3
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Semantics – 9
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) VertexWriteIterator – 6
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) TechniqueParameters – 9
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Shader – 5
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) IndexWriteIterator – 2
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Technique – 11
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) VertexBuffer – 7
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DataView – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Sound – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) NetworkDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) PadCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) MouseCodeMap – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) InputDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) PhysicsDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) Turbulenz – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) SoundDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) GraphicsDevice – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) WebWorker – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) oortonline::GameCode – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) NativePlatform – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) WindowObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DocumentObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) ConsoleObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) DynamicTestObject – 1
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(2396): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::DumpObjectCounts) StaticTestObject – 1
        engine.cpp(201): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Global objects removal
        engine.cpp(219): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)turbulenzjsengine shutdown
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2014): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        meshworker.cpp(409): (turbulenz::oortonline::MeshWorker::PollTasks)Exited MeshWorker.
        javascriptengine_v8.h(2014): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::WebWorker>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.h(-1): (turbulenz::Wrapped<class turbulenz::oortonline::WebWorker>::V8WeakReferenceCallback) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 3 objects
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1266): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::Shutdown)Custom shutdown …
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1051): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CollectAllWrappedObjects)Released 5 objects
        javascriptengine_v8.cpp(1273): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::Shutdown)Failed to collect all Wrapped objects …
        engine.cpp(222): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)turbulenz static release
        engine.cpp(225): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)delete platform
        engine.cpp(229): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)delete jsengine
        engine.cpp(233): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)static shutdown …
        standalone.cpp(150): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
        standalone.cpp(151): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown)GameCodeStaticShutdown
        standalone.cpp(72): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCode::StaticRelease)STATIC SHUTDOWN (TEMPLATE): GameCode
        standalone.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticShutdown) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(0DE3B018)
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(0DD90048)
        httprequest.cpp(204): (turbulenz::ConnectionPool::CURLConnection::~CURLConnection)cleanup(087230F8)
        engine.cpp(251): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Shutdown)Shutdown done
        freelist.h(606): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy)At shutdown, Slab for 12 byte objects:
        freelist.h(615): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) -254 / 254 entries unfree-ed
        freelist.h(606): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy)At shutdown, Slab for 16 byte objects:
        freelist.h(615): (turbulenz::FreeList<class turbulenz::DynamicSlab>::Destroy) -240 / 240 entries unfree-ed

Edit: the game window never shows up. When I launch the game, the steam window pops up saying “Launching Oort Online” and then the game’s icon shows up in my taskbar. That’s where it stops. Hovering over the icon doesn’t give a preview of the game like it should, there i definitely no window starting.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by ConanOLion.
        James
        Keymaster

Hmmm. Ok firstly – we’re really sorry that it isn’t working.

The game is failing to start really early in the initialisation process. To help us work out what is happening we need as much information from you as possible:

* Operating system and exact version.
        * CPU and RAM.
        * Graphics card model name and video RAM.
        * Graphics driver version.
        * Any special display configuration?
        * Any special devices installed? Controllers? Capture cards? (Anything that we might not test against as standard.)
        * Any special anti-virus, firewalls, monitoring software?

Is the computer a development machine, or just used for playing games?
        Do you have any funky versions of the .Net runtime installed?

We’re going to add some more logging into the game initialisation to try and track down why it’s failing to start.

Can you confirm that the 64bit version got much further? This is really strange. It points to a setup / install issue.

ConanOLion
        Participant

Windows 8.1
        Intel i5-3210M CPU 2.5Ghz processor
        4gb ram
        64bit architecture
        Intel HD graphics 4000 video card:
        1824mb total available vram
        128mb dedicated video memory
        1696 shared system memory
        driver version 10.18.10.3621
        I have 2 monitors currently set up
        one monitor being 1440×900 and the other being 1600×900
        I am currently using a logitech gamepad controller
        No antivirus is on my computer and windows firewall is disabled. I prefer to manually take care of viruses.

I use my computer for everything but mainly gaming. It is not a development machine. I am running the default .net runtime

Yes. The 64 bit version can load the game normally but crashes while loading chunks. the 32 bit version doesn’t load any window at all

Thank you very much for all this help. It’s greatly appreciated.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by ConanOLion.
        James
        Keymaster

Hmmm x 100. This is probably going to take some more debugging and logging to really find out what is failing to initialise.

Could you quickly just try starting the game without the extra monitor enabled, and also try unplugging the controller. (Both should have absolutely zero effect – but you never know.)

At a minimum we’ll get the 64bit version polished and released quickly at the start of Jan.

ConanOLion
        Participant

The monitor and the controller didn’t change anything. Could it really be a setup error if it had been working previously?

James
        Keymaster

If it was working previously then what has changed?

The game version hasn’t been update recently – and strangely the 64bit version get into the game.

My honest guess would be something has changed with your machine or OS or software setup. You’ve not switched your Steam user or something??

Without more debugging – I can only recommend making sure you restart the OS, restart Steam, uninstall the game, wipe any local content – then try again.

Sorry that this isn’t really working out the issue – but we need more debugging in the startup to give us some clues.

ConanOLion
        Participant

Well, I wanted this to work quite bad. So… I completely reset my computer. It works now. Thank you very much for all the help.
        -Matthew

James
        Keymaster

Any idea what the issue was?

What do you mean by “completely reset” your computer?

ConanOLion
        Participant

No idea what the issue was, but it probably consisted of me doing something stupid without noticing. In any case, the issue is fixed.

By reset my computer, I mean wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows.

ConanOLion
        Participant

After fiddling, I discovered that my issue was taking the game out of full screen. Not sure why, but I hope that helps..

Edit: After more fiddling, I fixed the problem by turning off read only on the executable and maximizing the program from the taskbar. This way was much easier than resetting my computer. Going to keep fiddling and see what else I can figure out.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ConanOLion.
      RizlaRawr

I bought the game and I’m still tagged as a participant. Should be a wayfarer right now. Already sent an email yesterday.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by RizlaRawr.
        RizlaRawr

Actually my email client failed to send the message. Resent.

James
        Keymaster

Can you check your email again – as I’ve not seen any emails yet?

RizlaRawr

Okay I’m 99% sure it actually sent this time.

James
        Keymaster

All done now!

BWslovakian
      Participant

I have reinstalled the game 5 times and I allways get this error message
      avascriptengine_v8.cpp(581): (turbulenz::ArrayBufferAllocator::ArrayBufferAllocator) Creating 14 fast allocators
      win32entry.cpp(228): (turbulenz::Win32NativeEngine::HostWndProc) erasing bg
      tasks.cpp(17): (Tasks::Initialize) Initializing TBB task scheduler. 9 threads
      turbulenz.cpp(115): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::StaticInitialize) Enabling ENGINELOG
      winsysteminfo.cpp(405): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) SystemInfo:
      winsysteminfo.cpp(406): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) cpuDescription : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
      winsysteminfo.cpp(407): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) cpuVendor : GenuineIntel
      winsysteminfo.cpp(408): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) numPhysicalCores : 4
      winsysteminfo.cpp(409): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) numLogicalCores : 8
      winsysteminfo.cpp(410): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) ramInMegabytes : 8061
      winsysteminfo.cpp(411): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) frequencyInMHz : 2195
      winsysteminfo.cpp(412): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) architecture : x86_64
      winsysteminfo.cpp(413): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) osName : Windows 8.1
      winsysteminfo.cpp(414): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) osVersionMajor : 6
      winsysteminfo.cpp(415): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) osVersionMinor : 2
      winsysteminfo.cpp(416): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) osVersionBuild : 9200
      winsysteminfo.cpp(417): (turbulenz::GetSystemInfo) userLocale : en_US
      standalone.cpp(160): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      standalone.cpp(161): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeStaticInitialize) GameCodeStaticInitialize
      standalone.cpp(67): (turbulenz::oortonline::NativeCode::StaticInitialize) STATIC INIT (TEMPLATE): NativeCode
      nativeplatform_steam.cpp(28): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      nativeplatform_steam.cpp(36): (turbulenz::NativePlatform::SteamInitialize) SteamServices::Initialize returned true
      steam.cpp(1033): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GameOverlaySetNotificationCB) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(-1): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GameOverlaySetNotificationCB) <– LEAVING FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(245): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      filecache.cpp(169): (turbulenz::FileCache::Initialize) Cache dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\103648679\324510\local\static-cache\
      standaloneplatformreaders.cpp(607): (turbulenz::StandalonePlatform::SetHttpCachePath) HttpCache: enabled (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\103648679\324510\local\static-cache)
      steam.cpp(245): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserDataDirectory) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      standalone.cpp(176): (turbulenz::oortonline::GameCodeInitialize) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) new Wrapped: 0000000C4E03DA00
      javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) Created Wrapped (oortonline::NativeCode): 0000000C4E03DA00
      javascriptengine_v8.h(2283): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) new Wrapped: 0000000C4DF63A20
      javascriptengine_v8.h(2317): (turbulenz::JavaScriptEngine::CreateWrappedObject) Created Wrapped (WebWorker): 0000000C4DF63A20
      engine.cpp(518): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::Initialize) BUILD STAMP: 0.28.0-20150123-125341-2128caaf
      engine.cpp(669): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::GetAndResolveLaunchURL) Using launch url: https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play
      uriutils.cpp(311): (turbulenz::DecomposedURL::Initialize) URL https://ga.me/games/oortonline-preview/play:
      steam.cpp(989): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(997): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetUserID) user id: 76561198063914407
      steam.cpp(876): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(907): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicket) Got auth token (234 bytes)
      steam.cpp(801): (turbulenz::SteamServices::UserStatsReceivedCB) got stats
      steam.cpp(958): (turbulenz::SteamServices::GetAuthSessionTicketResponseCB) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(939): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) –> ENTERED FUNCTION
      steam.cpp(944): (turbulenz::SteamServices::AuthSessionTicketMakeCallbacks) making callback (true) …
      engine.cpp(1693): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::DownloadCode) GameCodeURL : https://d36kx37nk0bz9z.cloudfront.net/UmphmIBEptbV_zL9/C/8g54lR4AVDDpx7u-_DCI1TBRIcxtVEl8LETSr6QRvE61fcd.tzo
      engine.cpp(1719): (turbulenz::StandaloneEngine::RunCode) Code data is .tzo
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: standalone startup…
      turbulenz.cpp(785): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::SetProperty) VMath object set. MathDevice will be overridden.
      turbulenz.cpp(807): (turbulenz::Turbulenz::SetProperty) createTechniqueParameterBuffer set.
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: multiplayer.session.join
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: starting.
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _initialize: calling _handleFetchStoreMeta to prime meta data
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleFetchStoreMetaFn: enter
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/items/read/oortonline-preview
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: method: GET
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: url: /api/v1/store/currency-list
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeAjaxFn: method: GET
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: nativeOnReadyFn: ready: true
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: not ready (metaReady: false, nativeReady: true)
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: StandaloneBridge._initialize: finished init
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: config.set
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: config.request()
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeHandleConfigRequestFn: enter
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: emitting: config.set, {“mode”:”plugin”}
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.response
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.start
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.sync.end
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.start
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeOnFn: setting callback for signal: bridgeservices.offline.end
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onCurrencyInfoFn: got currency: {“currencyName”:”US Dollar”,”alphabeticCode”:”USD”,”numericCode”:840,”minorUnitPrecision”:2}
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onStoreItemsFn: got item data: {“items”:{},”resources”:{}}
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitToGameFn: no listener for store.meta.v2 adding to pending list
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaReadyFn: meta data is ready
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: nativeOnReadyFn: ready: true
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: meta and native ready
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaAndNativeReady: all ready. consuming purchases …
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: checkMetaAndNative: meta and native ready
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: onMetaAndNativeReady: all ready. consuming purchases …
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: nativePurchasesQueryFn: 0 nativePurchases: []
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: 0 purchases remaining
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: finished
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: nativePurchasesQueryFn: 0 nativePurchases: []
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: 0 purchases remaining
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/P: _consumeExistingNativePurchases: finished
      win32entry.cpp(228): (turbulenz::Win32NativeEngine::HostWndProc) erasing bg
      networkdevice.cpp(224): (turbulenz::NetworkDevice::Initialize) certificate path: C:\ProgramData\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oort Online\ca-bundle.crt
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: turbulenzBridgeEmitFn: game.session.created(74a6b11155b4c4e4220ed054)
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone/L: _handleGameSessionCreated: id: 74a6b11155b4c4e4220ed054
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: standalone – fake worker
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Using standalone worker[object Object]
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: MeshWorkerManager onMessage WORKER_CREATED
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: WORKER_CREATED
      consoleobject.cpp(272): (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: WebWorker ready

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.