Furniture Ideas

Home Forums Suggestions Crafting Furniture Ideas

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Grimoire
      Participant

I’d like to see a variety of furniture for building in the game that you can craft or even find in treasure or drops from the creatures/monsters in-game.

I’d also like to see a variety of different beds, like wood, stone, glass, any other resource of bed as just the base of the bed and then you can find materials in the world to make the pillow or blankets for cosmetic reasons?

Would it be possible to even have a dresser built in or drawers? That way we could have something more than just treasure chests in our homes/stores/work area for storage?

Bregma

Also: doors. Vertical and horizonal (trap) doors.

Agreed. Aesthetics are what really makes a game for me. I like looking at stuff just as much as the next person, but having functional furniture and other items would be a great addition.

Adding to this; I don’t want to build something just to look at it and say, “Look what I made.” You can do that on Minecraft. I want it to have a purpose, some reason to want to go back to it and not just move on to the next piece of block art. Personally I think this would boost Oort Online above other voxel based games.

Grimoire
      Participant

Would it be possible for this as well? Since we can trade items, when we build a stall to sell our wares, can we have shelves and counters we can showcase our goods that we are selling so people can see it and go, oh I’d like to buy that, when they buy it the item will disappear when there are no more of that item left and you can restock it when sold?

Dasachi

I like this idea. In the trailer they did say you can visit peoples worlds and view their cities shops etc.

I also think NPCs should be added into the game. Like you can build a house and a wandering traveler could come a buy the house from you and live in it. You could have your own city where you are the king and everyone living it in is an NPC, or players could too.

But I definitely think if this game is to be an MMO with some rpg elements, npcs should be added later on.

Rob
      Participant

Thanks guys. Keep the furniture suggestions up. We want you to be able to personalize your homes and let you show them off to others. When you’re in an online game we think it’s important that you can distinguish your creations from other players.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

Can we get couches and chairs too, even tables so like maybe we want to build a restaurant theme where people can order food? XD

Thorbjorn

Bookshelf and in game stories to put into them would be awesome 🙂

Rob
      Participant

Sounds like you guys REALLY like building and customizing the interiors of your homes!

Added to notebook.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

YES!! Also can we have a mailbox that we can build, so if people want to write us they can make paper / send us packages and give us a reason to check our mailbox? (Nobody can take our mail, so like say if somebody or something destroyed our mailbox we could just craft another one and our mail would still be retrievable.)

Grimoire
      Participant

Is there gonna be a way that we can also have signs or being able to write down stuff in-game. And maybe have a text blocker in case somebody is writing something inappropriate so it doesn’t show to offend people.

I’d like to see like a possibility for people to write messages on the wall and whatnot not only on signs but like if they had chalk or something like that.

Grimoire
      Participant

I have a question?

Would it be possible that you can find certain things that you can display in your house like a trophy? Something you can’t craft but have to find? Say like a crystal statue or floating orb, to paintings and that sort of thing?

Benjyboi

Finding statues in cave systems would be pretty cool. I also like the idea of achieving trophies as you progress throughout the game.

Grimoire
      Participant

I really don’t mean like trophies like mine 10 diamonds and just get a pop up I mean finding something to display in your home our buildings lol

Dasachi

I like the idea of a mailbox type of system. I also really like the idea of finding unique stuff in the game.

Like find a dungeon and explore it and then you find some loot. And you happen upon a really unique statue of a guardian or something.

Master_Chill
      Participant

We don’t just like this idea, we love it almost to the point where it can make or break your game. For me, this is the second most important feature I’d like to see happening to this game (trading is the first thing btw) after the initial world-features are made.

“Why?”, you’ll ask? Simple, it might’ve been said, but I *hate* to be only being able to build the outside of a building. Years of Minecraft made that happen for me. I used to build whole cities in that game. Without mods. Pure vanilla. I can provide proof of the last city I was building when I decided to quit purely out of boredom. There was no reason in the end anymore. Nothing to fill ‘m with except improvised chairs out of what were actually stair blocks, tables that were actually pistons and so on. No npc’s/real players who would come live with me and so forth… I really hope to see all of this change with this game.

So yes, please gimme gimme gimme all that you can come up with.
      – Crossed swords on my walls
      – Bookshelves with real books
      – Various items on shelves for shops or in-house
      – Tables with use-able items on it
      – Carpets
      – Fishtanks even if you wanna make ‘m
      – A small space (with a drink tin & a few chew toys of course) for my pet
      wolf to sleep
      – A comfy bed
      – A decent wardrobe with use-able clothes
      – A coathanger for my hats
      – A weaponrack to store my weapons (pretty *please* x3)
      – Frameworks for paintings/maps that I or other people made
      – Cupboards & a fridge for my plates should you decide to add food and
      hunger features.
      – Small busts to place around the house of Titans I conquered with my
      friends/guild.
      – Make models of flying enemies and hang ‘m on the ceiling with a piece of
      rope.
      – Being able to put the head of enemy mobs on plaques on my walls.
      – Being able to write signs to name our house/shops/whatnot.
      – A way to have lamps/candles on every surface, even on the ceiling. Not
      just a big, square block. Big square blocks are very off-putting,
      design-wise. Plus it adds tons of atmosphere to one’s home.
      – Standard desks and chairs to sit on.

So yes, I’d *very* much like to see all of this happen at some point. I don’t care when, even if it’s the last thing you’ll add to the game, but it’s gotta be in there at some point, please. I’ve been promised a home instance, a place of my own or whatever it’s called in various games, all to end in failure of effort at the developers end. So I compensate, amend, compromise in mind, or create alternatives for myself. But in the end, it’s all makebelieve. This time, I’d love to actually see it happen. Minecraft and Oblivion came very close, but it still wasn’t good enough to my taste. In order to show of what I’ve done ingame (even if it’s almost nothing), I want to actually be able to make/maintain it without bugs.

I might sound harsh now, but it’ll pay of in the end. In my opinion is this part of the stuff what makes or breaks a sandbox game.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Master_Chill.
        Kuma

You’re right I love your Ideas^^

Grimoire
      Participant

Ya the more vanity and stuff we can furnish and whatnot for not just for ourselves, but our homes too, it’s just gonna add more character to the game and the longevity of our lives in the game. <3 lol

Thorbjorn

Oh there needs to be a different texture of every type furniture/vanity item depending on the wood/stone/material we use. It could also be cool if some materials made special types of furniture.

HPminecraft
      Participant

Weapon racks, armour stands, display units, potion/ingredients racks or cupboards, cooker, smelter, cauldrons. I assume the basics are covered like tables, chairs, beds etc.

Will the furniture be actual furniture or are you taking the Minecraft stance of build it yourself because in my opinion that was one thing that let mc down was no crafted furniture. You would always end up with oversized stuff cramping up your builds.

Grimoire
      Participant

No I don’t really want the MC way of building furniture cause, ya you can make it look like furniture but I think it would be alot better to actually be able to craft it and place it, I mean the option is still there if people want to MC style furniture. lol

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.