A few questions after 1st day in Oort

Home Forums General Discussion A few questions after 1st day in Oort

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bootlegger

Heya All!
      So glad to be a part of this new endeavor! This is my first voxel game as previously they have all been so ugly!
      So I got Oort first thing this morning after a bunch of YouTube videos and sleeping on the decision. After jumping in a flitting about the servers I have a few questions, in which, perhaps the community can assist:
      -The Capitol Beacons: who may build within? A few worlds had items within, most had builds right at the edge of the beacons range. What determines who may build there?
      -Beacons in general: What requirements are needed to acquire/craft these? Saw a few “mediocre” builds within beacons, saw some great ones’ un-protected. IMO
      -Individual World “Home” point, when not player set: Is this spawn in point the same for all or is it individual? you know, that place where you enter the world and return too when you “Respawn at Home” after you find that ‘orange’ is lava and not a pretty new grass color.
      -Is there a way to know the number of claims/beacons on each world? as a general world population guide
      -Has anyone compiled a block name and look spreadsheet? Perhaps even a world on which they occur list to go with it?
      -Is there a way to view the Ping for each world at the same time? Currently it seems one needs to go to a world to get a ping. It would be beneficial to be able to see which world gives the best connection.
      A special; thanks to the Oort Online Team for prompt response and a simple fix for a connection Issue! What a wonderful start and introduction to this development Team!
      Cheers! Thanks for your knowledge!
      “May the Oort be with you!” ?? Does that work? It Oort to!
      Cheers
      Bootlegger

Ardos

Welcome to the Oortiverse!

Let me try to answer your questions for you.

The Capitol Beacons: who may build within? A few worlds had items within, most had builds right at the edge of the beacons range. What determines who may build there?

People need to ask for permission to have access to the Capital Beacon. Email wonderstruckgames@turbulenz.com with –

The world you want Capital access to
      Your username

Beacons in general: What requirements are needed to acquire/craft these? Saw a few “mediocre” builds within beacons, saw some great ones’ un-protected. IMO

Players can’t currently place them, we need to ask for a Beacon to be added. If you want one, you need to email wonderstruckgames@turbulenz.com with –

The world your build is on
      The center coordinates (press the “.” key a couple of times to get the coordinates to show up in the top left corner of the screen)
      Your username (and those of anyone else who might be helping you)

Player placeable Beacons are coming “Soon”.

Individual World “Home” point, when not player set: Is this spawn in point the same for all or is it individual? you know, that place where you enter the world and return too when you “Respawn at Home” after you find that ‘orange’ is lava and not a pretty new grass color.

It’s individual. Other players may be near by but the exact location is unique to yourself.

-Is there a way to know the number of claims/beacons on each world? as a general world population guide

Not that I’m aware of.

-Has anyone compiled a block name and look spreadsheet? Perhaps even a world on which they occur list to go with it?

Not that I’m aware of.

-Is there a way to view the Ping for each world at the same time? Currently it seems one needs to go to a world to get a ping. It would be beneficial to be able to see which world gives the best connection.

Before the game launched on Steam, they used to show this but it was removed. I could be wrong but it could be for testing purposes. People are more likely to spread out if they don’t immediately know which world has the lowest ping.

Bootlegger

Awesome!
      Thanks for the in depth answers!

On an unrelated topic… anyone know how long gravatar takes to catch up with a profile pic?

Thanks so much and glad to be part of this Oortiverse!

Ardos

I think it updates quite quickly but the cache takes some time to update. You can try relogging on Gravatar. That might cause it to refresh.

Ben
      Keymaster

Happy to have you Bootlegger! Thanks for being super helpful Ardos!

Cartographer

Yo whats up Boot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.