Beacons

Home Forums Suggestions Multiplayer Beacons

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      emeraldweapon
      Participant

Had a thought on how to make the beacon experience prettier. Current state:

– owner name displayed at beacon point
      – giant shimmering wall marking border
      – red outline on blocks inside beacon area

I know Wonderstruck has said they are working on this, but here’s my idea anyway.

– beacon icon, not name, displayed at beacon point within certain range, grow/shrink as get closer/farther away
      – invisible walls that react when passed through
      – small popup notification announcing beacon owner name
      – black outline that slowly pulses red

So picture it this way: As you’re exploring, you catch the faint, small indicator of a player beacon. As you travel towards it, the beacon icon grows and becomes more solid. As soon as you step foot inside the beacon area, two things happen. First, a subtle pulse of light travels outward from my position along the invisible barrier wall, gradually and momentarily revealing the boundary. Second, I get a small notification “You have entered [playername]’s area.” Once you’ve received this notification, the playername will display above the beacon icon at the center point. Blocks in this area display a normal black outline, but the outline flashes red if you try to take an action. Once you have “discovered” a beacon’s name, it will permanently display for you.

There you have it!

Supplemental idea:

– when inside a player area, the beacon boundary displays as a low wall of light (~3 blocks high) starting at the ground and fading off as it moves upward.

What do you think?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.