blueprint map

Home Forums Suggestions Other blueprint map

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nyuudles

Seeing how the mini-map interface is coming along, I was wondering if there could also be another similar interface especially made for builders. Instead of a rounded map, it will be on a separate window, and gridded like a blueprint. here are my thoughts so far on the idea (includes bad Photoshop skills).

let’s say that we’re standing in an area of a world like so (aerial view dedicated for this example).

when opening the blueprint map interface, It will only show 100×100 blocks (or more if possible) such as this example. The map will show only the top view of the blocks, but it will seperate each block with a grid. allowing you to create a layout for your settlement. It’s not accurate, but it’s a concept!

with options:

In here we can edit the map by picking a color and placing it in one of the pixels, use the eraser tool to erase ONLY the color, and if possible, increase the area of the map for larger layouts.

Controls For larger blueprint map

Able to scale it up or down- hold down ALT + scroll button.

Thoughts, feedback, more suggestions are always welcome.
      P.S. Sorry if that was a bad explanation, i’m not really good at speaking or typing it out 😡

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Nyuudles.
      Havok40k
      Participant

Excellent for planning town plots or interior walls, i like it! +1

Zouls
      Participant

it would be kinda cool, and they have stated that they are going to make a sort of blueprint blocks, that can be placed so people can see where to build.
      the devs said that all maps and compasses are going to be craftable items, so maybe they will add a builder map 😀

Gloverman
      Participant

This is a good idea, especially for building large cities and whatnot. Also letting other players have access to the blueprint may be helpful, big cities are usually built by more than one person and at different times.

Quantum73

+1 Excellent idea

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.