Boundary limits

Home Forums Suggestions Exploration Boundary limits

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Karko

One way you might improve the over all exploration experience would be to set limits on the size of worlds. While an un-bound map sounds appealing in practice it makes exploration miserable. If there is a certain sense that one can actually explore a give area it is more satisfying. This could be coupled with a map would add real value to exploring in the game. It would also encourage players to explore other servers as well.

Thorbjorn

Other servers has different properties which should be encouragement enough

Havok40k
      Participant

The only reason I would be in favor of a map boundary is if it resolved performance issues. Otherwise, world overpopulation will become a problem much sooner.

Karko
        Kuma

Or smaller or bigger but there will be no boundries if Luca can wrap the world around.

Brook

I went to the SW corner of Vaisier, and based on the coordinates it’s 8km^2. I think the renderer might be amenable to a toroidal mapping (spherical mapping is a pain in the rear) but only the Oort team knows that for sure–in any event, I’m going to ask that the worlds be toroidally mapped so we can’t paint ourselves into a corner. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.