buy to play or subscription?

Home Forums General Discussion buy to play or subscription?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      joseph

I’m considering buying instant access. Will that be the only fee i have to pay (buy to play) or will there be a subscription or will it be free to play after launch (micro transactions for everything silly thing, in your face ingame shop)?

I’m almost certain there won’t be any kind of micro transactions. I asked a similar question over a stream yesterday and they said it will most likely be in-game gold used to buy/rent things.

Grimoire
      Participant

I can see them use $$$ for players to moderate a zone that way they can get money to help the team keep content and such. 🙂

Havok40k
      Participant

The current plan, as I have read, is that you get the entire game up front with one purchase. However, if you want to, you can rent an entire world (server) from them directly, which can be connected to the greater universe. If you buy the $95, you get instant access for life, no mention of monthly fees or micro transactions has been made yet.

Grimoire
      Participant

I don’t know what you mean by that Havok, Instant Access means you can play/test the game right now in it’s Prototype phase before Alpha comes out.

Havok40k
      Participant

Is that not what I said? Yes, it looks like I did. I also added that there is the option to rent a server world, which answers joseph’s question about subscriptions. -_-

Rob
      Participant

Hi Joseph. Havok is correct. We’re offering the game for a one time fee but will later add player rented servers which will allow you to have a little more control of the worlds. We will still always run our own servers but ultimately want you guys to increase the population of the worlds in the Oort universe.

If there’s other things you want to buy we’ll always listen to your feedback.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

I know Ha OK but you said. You get instant access for the rest of your life.

Hummel

@Grimoire. If i remember it correctly, Rukyo mentioned it in his todays livestream: there will be no Real-Money currency, but an in-game currency (for features like tolls, but you can’t buy IGC with real money.

Grimoire
      Participant

I was kinda meaning like you can use real $$$ to own or moderate a server/zone kinda like what people do in minecraft to own a server. I didn’t say using real $ to buying game currency.

joseph

@Hummel What livestream is that? Do the devs often have a livestream? I can’t find any info on it on the oort webpage.

Cirlex

@joseph Ruikio streams very often, but he’s not a dev.

Grimoire
      Participant

I can’t find a dev live stream either besides the one they linked to the news on homepage.

Hummel

http://www.twitch.tv/ruikio

Here you are. he may not be a dev, but after havin followed some of his streams, you won’t get closer at the moment. 😉

Laughter
      Participant

I assume it’s ‘buy to play’ with no future subscription fee.

Grimoire
      Participant

I just saw the one on pigs but it said it was uploaded 6 days ago. Lol

Hummel

He’s streaming in the very minute 😉

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.