Can my PC run Oort Online?

Home Forums General Discussion Can my PC run Oort Online?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      kjsoccer
      Participant

Hi Guys im kjsoccer and i need your suggestions that if i can run Oort online. i would like to play Oort very much like I AM REALLY DREAMING the game its been a few days that i’ve been dreaming when i am sleeping. lol

My Computer Specs

Processor AMD Phenom ™ II X2 555 Processor 3.20GHz
      Installed memory (ram) 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)
      Video card: 2GB
      Graphics card: NVIDIA

I hope i get good news ;(

adamlangridge
      Participant

Hi there! Could you give us more info on your graphics card? Many thanks.

kjsoccer
      Participant

Uhhh yea sure if you reply again.

kjsoccer
      Participant

nvidia Geforce GT 630

kjsoccer
      Participant

also i got Windows 7 (32 bit)

Alpha268

My guess would be that it will be possible to run the game, but not at Ultra-options. The game-engine provides a lot of customization for the graphical options. Most importantly you can adjust the render distance. Your processor looks fine, but the RAM on your system might be the bottleneck (I just assume its DDR-3). Since there are so many objects to calculate, 3.25 GBs might be too less to have a nice render distance. I have 8 GB, and everything works fine, but 4 might be too less to use a huge renderdistance.

So in conclusion: I think you will be able to play that game for sure, but there might be some adjusting in the options needed.

kjsoccer
      Participant

so what if i have 8 GB ram? i can run Ultra- Options?

Ekzos
      Participant

Keep in mind, I’m not a developer for this game so I do not have any special insight into the actual requirements for Oort Online. With that said, I am a computer scientist and a more-than-casual gamer (like most of us here I’m sure), so I do have more knowledge than the average person in this area.

I think it is reasonable to assume that (as Alpha268 suggested) your 4 GB of RAM may be a bottleneck depending upon your graphical settings; specifically those involving the amount of objects being drawn on your screen.

To answer your question about upgrading to 8 GB of RAM: yes that would solve your RAM bottleneck problem, however, PLEASE NOTE: You cannot run more than 4GB of ram on a 32bit system. You would have to have a 64bit system to handle more than 4GB of RAM. If you have a 64bit system but have a 32bit version of Windows, this would only involve buying a new 64bit copy of Windows. If you also have a 32bit processor, then upgrading to a 64bit system is going to require a new processor, quite likely a new Motherboard, and then the new 64bit copy of Windows.

In addition, however, I’m not sure that 4 GB of RAM is your only bottleneck. If you want to run this game on “Ultra- Options” at 60fps, I would think that your graphics card would also be a bit below the mark as well. Not a lot, but a bit. I would assume that you would want something around the GTX 650 or better to accomplish this. (And even this may not always run at 60 fps when the settings are maxed out).

Now, to be clear, (and just as Alpha268 said) your computer will definitely run this game, it just may not be running the game at 60fps while the settings are maxed out.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I hope this helps!

EDIT: Wording
      EDIT 2: Wording, again…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.