Changing Servers Problem

Home Forums Support Changing Servers Problem

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Yaz

When attempting to change servers I am stuck in limbo. I get to see the server selection but then when it says the next work is loading i wait and wait and wait until i give up and hit back. and then i cant even get back to my own world.

I restart the client and change server RIGHT AWAY, and i can change it.

Havok40k
      Participant

I started having this problem yesterday, new bug perhaps?

Drakoto
      Participant

I have had this issue for the past week as well.

Yotes
      Keymaster

Thanks for reporting this issue. We have entered this issue into our bug database.

Is there a way to make this happen 100%?

Thank you.

Yaz

So far I find if I am present on any single server longer than say 5 minutes. I am unable to change servers or return to my current server without completely shutting down the game and re entering.

Once in game as long as I change quickly, I can change servers.

Yotes
        Keymaster

Thanks Yaz,

Can you let us know which country you are accessing the game from and how fast your internet connection is? Also, can you let us know your CPU and graphics card models.

alexanderyou
      Participant

For me, I encounter the issue of nothing loading if I attempt to change worlds or teleport to the capitol before the land around me has finished generating.

Ovan

I have the last weeks the same problem. i can’t change the worlds after i have played a while the game, only if i restart the client or i change directly after the start from the client the wolrds it will be right. So every time i will change the worlds i must restart the client.

I’m using the 64bit Client on Windows 8.1

redicious
      Participant

Just purchased the game on steam and got the same problem.

I am using Windows 8.1 64Bit, 32GB Ram.

The bug can be reproduced to 100% by just using the client 😀

It is not necessary to do something on the server. I tried with just hopping from world to world and after a few seconds or minutes the connection fails. The screen stays at “Waiting for Player location…” or “Wating for handshake…”. “Waiting for Player location…” sometimes ends with “Error 0 in world nbor \n Websocket Closed” after a few seconds. Taskmanager shows 1-4% CPU usage for the process, and the app is still responsive.

The client is trying to connect – I can see the new IP or FQDN popping up in netstat for oortonline.exe.
      Thats why I tried to connect to other worlds, although I already ran into that error. After testing more servers I found out, that there are a few servers in the list I can still access – but usually only once. Connecting to another server and then reconnect to the previous successfull connection doesn’t work – but I think, trying that in large numbers would give some positive results.

In a nutshell: After a few seconds or minutes the client is started, most worlds are randomly inaccessible. According to netstat the Client connects and receives a small amount of data from the server. No logs in C:\temp, %appdata% or application folder. Firewall didn’t drop any packets regarding oort.

found logs in AppData\Local\….
      Here is the extract of a failed connection:

consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Joining world "nbor" ...
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Closing protocol
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Closing chunks protocol
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Connecting to "nbor" with address wss://wceuc3.turbulenz.com:8444/websocket/game
      networkdevice.cpp(574):                 (turbulenz::NetworkDevice::LogCallback) libwebsocket: (level: 1) Socket fd 45724 is too high (30000)

consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: WebSocket opened for nbor
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: WebSocket error for nbor : undefined
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: WebSocket closed for nbor
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE ERR: [ERROR] 0: Websocket Closed
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Closing protocol
      consoleobject.cpp(272):                 (turbulenz::ConsoleObject::LogCB) CONSOLE LOG: Closing chunks protocol
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by redicious.
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by redicious. Reason: found logfile
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by redicious.
      michaelb
      Keymaster

Thanks for the report – its located an error in the socket library we are looking in to.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.