Character and Ability Ideas

Home Forums Suggestions Other Character and Ability Ideas

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert

In a recent video that explained several of the characters that are in development (the one, two, and three block tall ones), someone mentioned that the three-block tall character was an Eagle of some sort? And that it took less fall damage…

This got me thinking, rather than just taking less fall damage, how about being able to glide? Perhaps at a 3:2 ratio? Three blocks out, two blocks down. This would prevent all fall damage and add a fun, unique character ability.

Another post on the forum suggested climbing:

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/smart-moving-slide-crawl-climb/

I think that this ability would be best suited for the one-block-tall mining character. Typically in nature, it’s the smaller creatures that are able to fit in small spaces and climb on walls. Plus, it would really come in handy when underground scavenging for those rare resources.

Two more ideas for unique characters: one that has a higher attack strength and consumes food and resources more quickly, one that has heavy defenses (both from enemies and natural threats) and consumes food and resources more slowly, one that has underwater breathing and faster swimming, one that gets along nicely with wildlife (docile creatures are more easily tamable and do not flea, and hostile enemies only attack when being attacked, with the exception of Titans), one that can quickly burrow in dirt and other soft ground, one that is very slow-moving when traversing over normal ground, but can grapple from very far distances, and one that can see clearly in the dark, but is slowly injured and has limited visibility during the day.

Surely, most of these probably won’t be implemented. I was just brainstorming and wanted to share some ideas for characters, especially since they are currently in the development phase.

=]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.