Character and item customization

Home Forums Suggestions Other Character and item customization

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a few suggestions here, hopefully they haven’t been posted somewhere else already. I couldn’t find anything as I browsed the forums, so here goes.

(1) This one I already suggested elsewhere and got a bit of a response from on of the devs, but I would like to hear what people think. I would LOVE to be able to choose which hand I use a weapon/tool/item in. Most games choose the right hand as default and I think having the choice would be nice. I could see it like this, when making a character a little window comes up asking your username, click next, then it asks gender, click next, then it asks primary hand used, and then choose a race. Not so hard right? Simple choice allowing for a bit more customization to a player character.

(2) Next suggestion is being able to dye items different colors. Mostly armor and clothing, but maybe other items as well. I have always liked this in games, it makes my character feel a little more unique.

Also with this one, I think vanity items would be neat to have. Maybe make them a bit more rare to acquire. Putting them over clothing and armor to make your character stand out from the crowd.

(3) Last suggestion. I think customizable weapons would be fun. I like having stuff unique to a player or few players. Cubeworld comes to mind with this. Adding blocks to a weapon to make it look different and adding unique attributes to it. This might get a bit messy, so maybe not to that extent, but allowing certain features to be changed out and modified.

I would love to be a blacksmith of sorts in game and I would want to sell a weapon to someone that they can’t buy anywhere else. Traveling the worlds, collecting special materials to make items that not everyone will have.

Let me know what your thoughts are, add if you would like.

upsio

I like the idea of customization and as for character customization I do have a few questions that I would like both answer from the devs and our fellow Oortians on. and a few notes that I personally like might be nice. warning these might get a bit long winded

1) will there be a graphical difference we can make to our characters as we make them? EI will we get a character creator or just a few predefined presets on each race to choose from.
      1- one of my favorite parts of playing a game (Esspecially an rpg or MMO) is the character creation I like being able to tinker and toy around with it (example would be final fantasy 14, or elder scrolls) I like being able to go into that deep detail even if it is not something that someone else is really going to zoom into my character to see I like knowing that I made a character I feel is unique enough to me.

2) this one is something I’ve seen poked about on the forums a bit and I like the idea of making the craft-able weapons a bit more customizable by adding functional decorations or or just pure aesthetic aditions for that extra bit of flare. would it be possible to make it so say if you find a weapon like if it was a mob drop or a piece of loot in a temple then would that be a basic version that we can later craft and add upon? or maybe there can be a skill to TRY and disassemble it for a CHANCE to learn how to craft it? (example that when we unlock more difficult crafting potential that we unlock a personal crafting guide that keeps track of what we know how to make)

3) you said that there would be 6 races in the preview trailer is that in any means finalized or will there be additions and subtractions to it over time as we all ban together and influence the growth of the game?

4) I saw a few post before of people bringing up the idea of adding guns which made me think. will it all be hand held weapons and magic or with there be a chance of developing into technology for all those science fans who want to make machines and process ores into more yield and make sci-fi style gear and weapons? (lazer swords, blasters, regular guns, ect..)

4- I think since it is a sandbox style game then having the wide variety of things to build is great. I think having the normal handheld weapons of direct combat(swords, shields, spears, bows and arrows), having magical weapons and spells are great but maybe also having tech options. if they are early obtained then have them around similar strengths as the other weapons, or if you want a gun to be strong then make it late game tech. a good example would be to look at the various mods people have made for other games like skyrim, minecraft, ect…

5) this is something I was thinking on and is a quick question. will there be mod support? there are people who love to mod and add to their games so will people be able to mod the game and add to it. like stone hearth not the wow based card game let people have access to their own dev tools so they could personally add things into the game I haven’t seen much of them or even know what happened to that game but it was an amazing idea. it could be allowed for the private servers or in offline mode. you could also put a submission system so that you can approve the mods to be applicable and be added into certain worlds in the game.

that is all for my insane ideas for now I look forward to other peoples views and comments.

I agree with character customization. I feel in rpg games I like to create someone unique even if I am the only one that knows how detailed he is. I’m not entirely sure how in depth they plan on going into character creation but I do feel a few options and customizations would be nice, just so we all don’t look the same.

For weapons, I kind of talked about my thoughts for adding onto weapons, but being able to find the basic versions as loot and modifiying them later is a nice idea. I also love the idea for reverse engineering a weapon to learn it’s recipe or attributes. Maybe after doing so you could also get the chance to receive some materials the weapon was made out of. This would add a nice element to crafting and would give people a reason to hang onto certain weapons.

And for my comment on vanity items… I’m oblivious. I guess the developers are already planning to have them. They mention it in the intro video which I have watched hundreds of times, but it only now registered in my mind.

upsio

well yeah if the crafting system is based on exploration and experimenting then the idea of trying to un-craft an item to learn how it is made or to gain some of it’s base materials. say if you are a smith and you find an Iron axe and all you’ve learned to make is a sword or shovel then you could use a loot item iron axe and it may be able to try and take it apart and learn the recipe for it and get an ingots worth of iron. then it makes a good way to learn things and adds a luck element to the learning part and if you need it to not be too over powered then you can make it fail or make it unlock the information in pieces.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.