Cheaper alpha access

Home Forums Suggestions Cheaper alpha access

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Azraile
      Participant

I notice things are rather dead around here and there isn’t to much talk in general about this game. I think a major limiting factor is how much it costs. Making alpha free or pay as you can/whant (and it count for buying the final game) would help.

Heck even if you only made alpha/beta access 10 bucks and then for them getting the final game for them will only be 25 that is far better.

I just don’t think you will get much support asking 35 bucks for a game that may never leave alpha

Rukio

You should check out their twitter. It’s pretty much a crowd there. Everyone is sharing their creations and ideas. I feel bad sometimes for spamming their Twitter.

I recently just shared the idea of including ga.me ‘s Oort Online feed in the Steam client. Would make it easier for people to chat across worlds and set up events and the like. 🙂

https://twitter.com/OortOnline

Pharoah
      Participant

Welcome to world of Early Access. The game was just released not long ago, it doesn’t have much going for it in it’s current state except building, and even then, is lacking many features.

Many developers are releasing their early builds for top dollar, because it includes everything from alpha, to beta, to full release.

Now, do I agree that Alpha games should cost this kind of money? No, I don’t agree, but at the same time, I don’t agree we should have to pay property tax, I also don’t agree that we should need food to continue living, nor do I agree that it makes sense that Canadians can’t defend or protect themselves without risking legal action such as assault (even if the other guys has a weapon, we have to call the cops, ONLY option).

While I don’t agree with any of these things, it’s simply the way it is now, and with people the way they are these days (lazy and unmotivated) it’s unlikely to change anytime soon.

Azraile
      Participant

Most ideas are a little to complicated to fit inside a tweet x.x

I do not like tweeter, the number of letters they give you is hard to communicate much of anything really.

EA and kistarter games are a new thing and NEED restrictions and laws big time. And being that there ARN’T any right now…. a high price like that is a ridiculous risk to make on a wish and a prayer.

Pharoah
      Participant

I’m not disagreeing, however, the fact is, Games are not considered products by any consumer board (except one in europe somewhere) and therefore, have absolutely no commercial standards. For example, a game development company can develop a game, completely lie about everything about it, specifically to get you to buy the product, and there is nothing you can do legally to regain your money unless it’s a physical product and you purchased it at a store with a return policy, and even then, it has to be unopened (specially considering computer games). Things like Kickstarter and Early Access are actually a plague on the gaming industry almost as a whole, for the simple reason developers can half produce a game, and receive finished game revenues, and as long as there is no consumer standard protecting the consumer from shotty developers, it’ll continue to be this way.

Early Access and Kickstarter should have things in place to prevent such acts, but don’t. Look at Stomping Grounds, the game was even removed from purchase on steam by Valve because there was a complete disconnection between both steam and the developer, and the playerbase and the developer. It’s back on the store now, but simply because it was taken over by someone else who has been actually working on it. However, the issue isn’t that the developer stopped developing, it’s that steam basically said “You bought it, oh well” which is their motto for any such situation. Steam *MIGHT* grant you a single refund, but don’t hold your breath for that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.