Concerning the Mysterious and Fantastical Entities Hereto Known as Titans…

Home Forums Suggestions Creatures Concerning the Mysterious and Fantastical Entities Hereto Known as Titans…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ramusaru
      Participant

Oh yes… Shadow of the Colossus was what I was thinking of when I saw the Titans. 🙂

But it may be a bit difficult for that Legend-of-Zelda-style fighting to be implemented… Still, I love their look. And the concept of different animal/humanoid forms for them = sweet.

Can there be aquatic and aerial Titans as well? Titans who are also truly individual (or at least randomized) in the structure of their powers and styles. And size variations! I liked how the Colossi from the aforementioned game ranged from small and bulldozer/elephant-sized to truly colossal (Phalanx, anyone?). Will the Titans range from instinctive and wild in their cognitive capacities to beyond human?

Might there be a Titan hiding out there the size of a world, even…?

Also, is it intended that these Titans will respawn after death? In my opinion, this topic depends. Titans respawning frequently give players the opportunity to experience the fight, true, but I feel this would cheapen the Titans into walking bags of epic loot that can be slain once or so a week, like the villains of after-school TV programs or raid bosses in other MMOs. Either the Titans are dead forever if they die, and their bodies remain as part of the world, or they respawn at random in the farther future; this evokes a kind of undying threat that the world’s inhabitants need to prepare to keep contained.

Master_Chill
      Participant

I’ve lost the first post where I brought this same issue up, but yes, I’d very much would like to see these Titans having a decent and very real impact on the surrounding land.

For example, traderoutes would be cleared when a Titan is defeated, allowing for more and better connections between cities. Once defeated, make it so that it takes a certain amount of time (for example, at least a week) before a new one will settle in it’s predecessor’s location. Otherwise, you’ll only create a certain amount of players that’ll ever have seen a Titan. Make every experience equal to every player, after all. But make it believable.

Personally, I’m still waiting for a big giant to emerge out of an epic-sized cave. Imagine if you will that you’re gathering up at a city with a large group of people, ready to set out from the nearest city to slay a giant Titan. Merchants and wandering traders have been talking about it for weeks, as they entered town. You finally set out with this group of mercenaries and go out for a two-day march to slay the beast.

After a while, you come upon a wide open space, where every tree has been broken down, and every animal is missing. You hear a distant growl. It has sensed our presence. All you see though, is a dark and giant cave at the end of this open space. Another growl and the earth underneath your feet starts to tremble. A giant shadow is being cast on the land as an epic creature climbs out of it’s home.. Game time.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.