Crafting.. A whole new level.

Home Forums Suggestions Crafting Crafting.. A whole new level.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sheidlok

Removed.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Sheidlok. Reason: Too Long!
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Sheidlok.
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Sheidlok.
      • This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Sheidlok. Reason: Too long, making it short and sweet
      Sheidlok

I like to write, so i get carried away. Edits all around!

Short and sweet version:

I really like all the unique crafting ideas found here, and the gritty details. What matters most to me is how unique i can make something, and increase its value as so.

How about the ability to craft recipes, and be able to share those recipes with others? Adding certain things to the mix like powers or cosmetics/effects? I was thinking of certain runes or inscriptions layed out randomly in the worlds you can learn by looking at, or pieces you can collect, and add it to your skill tree. Then you can combine these little bits of ingredients to make something new and unique.

In this way, the players would have some real sandbox crafting to play with, see what makes what, or if they can make something better. I was thinking of a way to share recipes and knowledge with others as well, so you can trade different runes/inscriptions for others or teach others your own. Tons of combination, lots of exploring, and beat the competition with your own special tools or weapons or however.

Also, it would be nice to leave these things anonymous. Maybe one rune works best on swords, but you have been trying it this whole time on scythes. If you taught it to someone else who crafts swords now they have made a sweet looking weapon, but you wouldn’t know unless you fit them together properly. I like the idea of sandbox.. not a window system that tells me what i can or can’t do, as long as i grind enough to get there.

Also, how about a naming system? If you discover a rare recipe after combining, name your tools/weapons to be unique to that recipe?

There you have it. (:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Sheidlok. Reason: Making it short and sweet so people might read it!
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.