Crafting Stations?

Home Forums Suggestions Crafting Crafting Stations?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Grimoire
      Participant

Will we have crafting stations so we can’t craft everything in open-world wherever we are? I mean like we can take a toolkit or campfire with us incase we need to craft ourselves a new pick or axe if it busted and the campfire to cook basic meals if we ran out of supplies?

Like for people who cook we can get an oven and for people to craft/repair equipment and the like we’d use a forge / anvil. You know stuff like that so you don’t go to just one type of crafting table to craft everything you need.

Zouls
      Participant

well for once ya actually said something that made sense for crafting, im 100% for the idea, everything else would just be stupid.

AfroBlant
      Participant

Idea is good but why we should be able to take forge/anvil or campfire ? maybe just stuff needed to do that thing because if there will be bags with limited space and a weight so mention things be a little bit to heavy ? 😀

AfroBlant
      Participant

or we shouldn’t be able to pick them up i think ? just allowed to destroy ?
      I was just thinking and maybe they could make for example forge bigger that 4×4 or something could be interesting. not like i minecraft just 1 block ?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by AfroBlant.
      Zouls
      Participant

i’m still not going away from my 1 from specilized crafting, but i think crafting should take time too rather than just materials, no place in history can you see anybody make a sword in 5 sec.
      So continuing on crafting stations i’d like to see 4 block forges which takes 4 voxels in a square and where you can make 1 item at a time, a 9 square forge where you can make 3 items and a 16 square where you can make 5 items, that way it makes the most sense to build the big one which is gonna take alot of mats rather than just making 4 small ones.
      So if i have to make a sword for someone i would get the materials, form it and throw it into a forge, after 5 min i have to take it out to hammer it on an anvil that comes with the forge and then put it back in where it will lay 10 minutes more and after taking it out and cooling it down it would be done, that way people would still have to do something for makign it and you wouldnt just be able to make 100 in 1 min just because you have the mats.

Grimoire
      Participant

This is the only thing? I’ve suggested ALOT of stuff on these forum. Kinda not necessary to say Zouls.

I was kinda meaning for the crafting stations like the oven and forge/etc to stay at your home/town and things like the campfire and toolkit are mobile that you can carry with you.

Zouls
      Participant

Well. we both want completely different things in most cases, i know that i can be stuborn as hell while it seems so can you, but thats only good for the dev team if we can discuss what we think should and shouldnt be from 2 entirely diffrent angles 😀 But yeah, i dont think you should be able to carry around an anvil or a forge with you, but ofc if you have like wooden sticks you can make a campfire on the ground or something like that

while we are at it to pick up on the idea of Grimoire;
      You say different tool stations e.g. leatherworking station , armorsmith station, ect. it is a great idea. I’d like to borrow some element’s of Zouls
      and mine to sketch this idea.
      While you are building you can mark area’s with a tool that says in this area you are allowed to make stuff with smithing. in this area you are allowed to make stuff with the tanning rack , ECT…

So that players can make “rooms” As big(capped) or as small as they like.
      Also you need to be in that space to delete the marking so you can place it somewhere else.

And we can use rooms to make transportation and automatisation easier like the pipe sstem in feed the beast minecraft. if made in this area transport to that area, Ect…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.