Forums

Home Forums Suggestions Other Forums

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjyboi

I don’t really find the forums visually impressive to the game image. This is a game in progress, but I would like to see the forums updated to show correlation with the game. I would also like to be able to change my display name. I’m not fond with not being able to choose a name for myself. I was given this account immediately after purchasing a package, so I wasn’t given the freedom to choose my own name. Hopefully the forums could be modified down the road.

Disco
      Participant

Yea, I think this forum is based on WordPress specific plugin.

Better option will be another engine on site and forum.
      I prefer vBulletin!

But if you want great free forum engine I think the best will be PhpBB3:
      – Free to use
      – Better AddOns and Skins base than MyBB
      – Real templates system
      – Big efficiency that means:
      – preparsing BBCode
      – settings will be saved with binary system (flags)
      – binary tree to save forum structure
      – Really great expanded permissions system
      – Premode to create SEO which gives us expanded links without loosing efficiency
      And more!

I think there will not be problem to link game site with forum created and based on PhpBB3

…Disco

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Disco.
        Thorbjorn

I personally like the discourse set up really much 🙂

Hummel

+1 @Disco . phpBB has lots of templates and hacks (mods)

But, I’d also like to suggest vBulletin. It’s not free, but low cost (related to the dev costs of a game). It has a lot more security features built in, better stability and it is also as flexible/moddable/easy to use as phpBB (if not expandable even more) – but that’s just my personal taste.

Rob
      Participant

Thanks Ben and Disco. We realise the forums leave a lot to be desired at the minute. We’ll be working on a better solution over the coming weeks.

Thanks for the forum choice advice Disco. I’ll pass it on to our team.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Dracallis

I’d really like to see a link put in place to go from your profile back to the forums without having to either hit “back” a lot or editing the URL.

I don’t know if player avatars are supported yet but I’d love to upload my custom forums avatar pic or even just pick from some different pictures of Oortians.

tzSimon
      Keymaster

To change your Display Name;-

Go to your profile, edit, change the Nickname to whatever your want, save this with the Update Profile button at the bottom. Then in the Display Name popup you can select this new Nickname, and save with the Update Profile button again.

To change your Avatar image;-

Go to http://gravatar.com and sign up with the same email address you used for this forum. Then on gravatar you can associate any image you like with your email address, and when gravatar approves it, it will show up on this forum.

Benjyboi

Wow! Thanks a lot!

Anthony

On the topic of forums, it would be nice to have a bug reporting forum. I’m not quite sure if you all are in that stage of development, but I don’t think it could hurt to start collecting information.

Grimoire
      Participant

Hey I went to gravatar.com and it said to use the same account e-mail and password I use on here, I enter my stuff correctly multiple times and it says it’s invalid.

tzSimon
        Keymaster

Looks like you’ve got your Gravatar picture sorted now, if you’re still having trouble let us know.

Thorbjorn

Also could we get a backer only forum topic/page thing? They can be used for all sorts of fun secret plotting for world domination. 😉

tzSimon
        Keymaster

If you’re a backer you should already be able to see the “Founders Forum”.
        The plans for world domination are already quite advanced…

Thorbjorn

hmmm something seems to be missing somehow… How do i get it to understand that i backed? I was logged in and all when i did it.

tzSimon
        Keymaster

Your forum title has been set to “Wayfarer” now, sorry for the delay.

Thorbjorn

After a bit of time i miss a like button more and more 500 people writting writing “I agree” to a post could make a topic basically unreadable.

QuilkSilver1

thank you for the info on the image

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.