Horizontal portals.

Home Forums Suggestions Exploration Horizontal portals.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Nixcker

Hi there,

Add a feature or a way to place an horizontal portal, why is that?

Traps – lead an enemy into a pear with a portal to a titan cave or to another room with monsters you have created.

Plus I think it will be fun to drop into someones server from top down not only vertically.

Future bug: Leading another player into another server without his will can trap a player in a beaconed protected area.

Player wont be able to escape, need to figure a way to solve that out.
      /stuck is not the perfect solution 🙂

– Nix

Rukio

They were talking about an ‘Easy way out’ button. Not as ideal as a /stuck but it’s been brought to mind!

Flat portals would be a little.. awkward as they wouldn’t be seen unless at an angle. Or falling through it. I think I saw varying sizes of portals somewhere. Not sure how the code would react for horizontal. Whoever placed the portal couldn’t see into the other world unless placed up high. If placed on the ground on both worlds, surely the game would explode or the game wouldn’t register the player walking into it.

Nixcker

LOL, trap is a trap.
        I dont think an enemy should see anything ahead and especially not the portal 🙂

Rob
      Participant

Hi Nixcker. Horizontal portals already work! I have a video of me jumping through them somewhere. I’ll see if I can dig it out next week.

Next week I’ll try putting in a couple of static horizontal portals for you guys to play with. You’re correct though. Player created horizontal portals may need a bit more thought to prevent you all from creating infinite drops and other edge case issues. 😉

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Nixcker

Hehe awesome!
        Glad to know you already think it through.
        What about diagonal portals? lol Joking!

– Nix

kristakis

Player created horizontal portals may need a bit more thought to prevent you all from creating infinite drops

aww, that was going to be the first thing I tried 😀

Kuma

me too xD Portal (the game) ftw^^

agent_dmx
      Participant

do you guys know the portal trick where you put a portal direct above another portal? that can become a problem with horizontal portals…

Grimoire
      Participant

Or it can be the perfect trap to protect raiders from your treasury. ^^

I like horizontal portals too
      i have this idea to make an warp portal that brings you to another world THrough alot of portals in different worlds

for example

You start off in snow and drop down through green where you keep dropping down to blue ect. ech line is a layer of the warp portal like this.

Green world
      ———–
      Blue world
      ———–
      Red world
      ———–
      Orangeworld
      ———–
      purple world
      ———–
      Destination world

or even to keep your building compact with a portal leading through a giant store room.

i am EXCITED!

Grimoire
      Participant

I would probably suggest we only have 2 or something. So like your exploring a huge cave or temple. You set the main device on the roof on the entrance and when blur deep inside you can place it on the ground when you leave and teleports you to the entrance and all you have to do is remove the entrance portal to remove both so people don’t fall in the last one and/or you don’t have to travel back inside to retrieve the other half.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.