Hosting Provider

Home Forums General Discussion Hosting Provider

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      bobmcbobzorz

One of the thing driving me crazy about Oort in general, is the speed of everything.

The website at times is down or very slow to respond – the hosting server needs more power. If this site becomes popular, it’ll slow to a crawl.

The game itself is very very slow too. I live in London and get 500-600ms. If everyone that has bought entry was playing, would anyone be able to do anything?

It’s fine that there are bugs and few features, but speed should not be an issue.

Kuma

You have a point there.

James
      Keymaster

> The website at times is down or very slow to respond – the hosting server needs more power. If this site becomes popular, it’ll slow to a crawl.

This is extremely frustrating for us. We’re using a professional service to host the site (MediaTemple) – and they’re basically letting us down. Looks like we might need to find somewhere else to host the site.

> The game itself is very very slow too. I live in London and get 500-600ms. If everyone that has bought entry was playing, would anyone be able to do anything?

Assuming your own connection is decent – then you should get decent pings to the EU servers, as they’re based in Dublin.

Can you check the pings again? (Sometimes the server screen reports glitchy pings – bring it up a few times to make sure you get a decent reading. We’re looking at this as well.)

Can you confirm if you’re on Wireless?

The game servers are running on a different service to the oortonline.com host – and they should be good enough.

Kuma

I get pings of 300-700 sometimes but if they are glitchy I’ll have to check them again^^
        Most of the time I have no problem playing Oort but sometimes (maybe certain hours?) I need multiple trys to even get in the game and then it’s lagging like crazy.
        Most of the time the server is crashed afterwards so that could be the reason instead of the Ping(?)

James
      Keymaster

(And thanks for reporting it. I promise you – we’re more annoyed than you about the performance of oortonline.com.)

joseph

I’m in Europe too. Belgium here. How do you know the ping? When i use the tab key it says “0.00ms (ping)” in the bottom right corner. I get between 20 and 50 FPS, which is good. But the world seems to load slow. When i respawn (yet again), i often have to stop running to wait for the world to load.

I understand that the game world changes all the time so it has to be redownloaded all the time. But a few days ago i didn’t notice this problem. At least not a closed range. Before all i noticed was the horizon popping into existence. Could this be due to all the buildings we have erected?

Kuma

You can see the ping if you hit the P key for every world individually but they sometimes glitch out.

joseph

40-60ms for the eu servers, 100-125 for the us servers.

Apparently i picked a us server. I guess i should have picked a eu server.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by joseph.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.