If we buy Oort now, are we able to play it right now?

Home Forums General Discussion If we buy Oort now, are we able to play it right now?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Doogus
      Participant

This game looks good but not sure if its worth it. Are we able to play the game right now? And if not how long do we have to wait to play?

QuilkSilver1

You will have to purchase the $95 dollar pack to be able to play the prototype in it’s current state.

Doogus
      Participant

ok that’s expensive. Do you have to pay monthly?

QuilkSilver1

At this moment it does not seem like there is going to be a monthly purchase. The game is being developed as we speak and its expensive because the developers need a little bit of help with such a big game. Contribute as you wish, all the information on the packages you can buy should be on the main website. Currently the game is not even in it’s alpha stage.

mr.stuff

No it’s a one off payment for now. They haven’t released full details on when the game is released but they are hoping for full game end of next year and I’m hoping it will be subscription free. I have the £95 instants access now and would be very unsure I would play the game if it was subscription based. As we saw with the old republic game and wow losing people I think it’s clear subscription games are going out of fashion which is good for the gamers.
      Instants access means you can play up until the official game is released and you also get the full game on release

mr.stuff

Just seen on one of the other forums Rob one of the Wonderstruck crew has said it will be a one off payment with the option closer or with the finished game to pay from your own servers/world where you are in control so will not be subscription for game but I’m guessing a monthly fee if u wana rent a server

Doogus
      Participant

Thanks guys for your info. Would be interested only if it was alot cheaper and no monthly subscription. Not interested in renting a server just want to play it. Didn’t know the game isn’t finished that’s why asked. Thanks again for your help.

Grimoire
      Participant

The game will not be 95$ at release to play, it’s only that high with bonuses for helping kickstart, if anything it’s probably gonna be $10-$20 probably for finished game but it says it might release end of 2015, but could be sooner or later depending on how the funding comes along.

Havok40k
      Participant

The “Gain Access” tab on their website will tell you most everything you need to know, and the game will be $25 at launch. They have already confirmed that there will be no subscription fees.
      http://oortonline.com/#support
      hope this helps!

Kitsunami

If you buy the right tier, yeah 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.