Lighting issues

Home Forums Support Lighting issues

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ardos

For the past week or so I’ve been experiencing issues like this –

It’s as if the blocks are receiving light from a lamp but there are no lamps connected/near to them and replacing the blocks causes this glitch to reappear.

Windows 8.1 x64
      GTX 560Ti running driver 341.35.

vdragon

Thanks for reporting the issue, the bug has now been logged. What is the world and location where this issue is found? Could you also try toggling Per-Pixel Lighting on and off within the Options menu and see what happens?

Ardos

Thank you for your reply.

This is on Gortnen

Coordinates -1008, 121, -16

Also at :-
      -1022, 121, -15
      -831, 70, -16
      -831, 70, -31
      -831, 70, -46
      -831, 70, -62
      -831, 70, -78

Toggling Per-Pixel Lighting doesn’t change this effect at all.

In addition, I see what I believe is the same effect at -817, 69, -49 and various places on the large pyramid, although these blocks are lit (they’re lamps). The are lit in different ways to the rest of the blocks. These are also on Gortnen.

As you can see, there are three blocks near the foreground and some further back which have a different shadow to them.

vdragon

Thanks for the update and for the additional screenshot above, that has now been logged as well.

Darkicus

I’ve also been spotting these small mysterious lighting bugs following some terraforming and construction, but I haven’t really investigated it yet.

James
      Keymaster

You may notice that these issues appear every 16 blocks. This suggests there is a big in the lighting calculation on the boarder of chunks. We’ll get it fixed.

Ardos

I’ve just checked the ones I’ve reported and they are 16 blocks apart. It’s good that you’ve tracked the issue down so quickly.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.