Low FPS, very laggy

Home Forums Support Low FPS, very laggy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

So I have been playing the game on Google Chrome and seem to constantly get low FPS, I have also tried Firefox but that seems to freeze at the loading screen. I am using a Mac, not on it now so I don’t have the specs but can provide later. I am just wondering if there is anything anyone else has found to work for reducing the lag?

When I play I turn all the options off, which isn’t very fun. Black water without reflections is just creepy and having low rendering on isn’t fun either. I have tried restarting my laptop and restarting the browsers, to no avail. My computer is a few years old and does heat up while playing games, but other games seem to do fine visually and FPS wise.

I understand the game is still in development and that a client based version is in the works, hopefully soon 😉 , but If anyone has any other sugestions on what I could try to make the game more playable, I would be grateful!

michaelb
      Keymaster

What FPS do you get with the all options turned off?
      What is the version of your Mac?
      Updating the os can help in some cases if its actually looks incorrect rather than laggy.

There is an issue with the non-reflective water we will fix.

NoxiousRaven

Posting your PC’s specs may help.

I think I helped reduce a little lag by cleaning out unused stuff on my laptop. Still getting low FPS but I can play using Firefox now. My usual FPS is 20 or below and after maybe 30 min of playing it gradually drops to below 10. That’s when I will have trouble getting anywhere, glitching back to a certain spot or dying.

Here are my specs:

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
      Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
      Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
      Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

michaelb
      Keymaster

For that spec machine there will be a balance of which feature you want on (press o for options) verses the frame rate you want.

The decay of fps overtime is something we will look in to. There are more optimisations planned though also have more features to add too.

There will be a native application that will remove much of the overhead of the browsers so should be more sprightly for many users.

Thanks for the reply michaelb. Right now, I am able to play and that’s all I really care about at the moment. I fear my computer is to that inevitable point where it’s about to die, so I will just have to get a new one eventually. As long as I can enjoy the game and hopefully help with some input, I’m happy.

tzdavefooks
      Keymaster

Hi ApfelStreusel,

We have a fix for the creepy black water that will be going in the next update. Thanks for bugging it to us!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.