Oort progress and dev. action plan

Home Forums General Discussion Oort progress and dev. action plan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      builder_blaster83
      Participant

Hello! A friend of mine pointed me to this game and I gotta say, being an avid Minecrafter, this looks fantastic. The game seems to have the cartoony beauty of Cube World with the interactive environment joy of MC. I truly want to take the plunge on this one, but I’m getting pretty leery of early access games (see Cube World).

I’m looking for user impressions/experiences with the development so far and I’m hoping the devs might share how their progress is coming, if it’s on schedule, how detailed is the schedule, etc. Seems like the development is very active, so that’s encouraging!

I’m so glad games like this are around and being developed and I definitely want to be a part of what this one promises to be, but I’d just like a little assurance before I commit.

Thanks much! Keep up the good work!

Zouls
      Participant

you can see the goal funding, so the developement is amazing, they have been really busy lately working on different stuff which wasnt on the goal funding (which you can see)

They just added a minimap system in the game, they are working on crafting/token/bag prototype (for more info watch announcements on steam) every block in the game is simply place holders now so they are also completely overhauling the textures and they honestly look amazing, they are also currently working on adding a placeable beacon system which allows people to beacon an area and nobody other than the people you choose can build or delete stuff in it, they are also working on a placeable chest system.

This game is simply amazing but keep in mind its only PRE ALPHA which it has been for 5 months, but in those 5 months amazing things have happened, it was originally on browser and was only supposed to get on steam in mid 2015 but people kept asking for it so they worked day and night on getting it on, they went on greenlight and got greenlit on an amazing time of only 5 days.

you can wait and see if you determine it is worth it, they kinda unlock things as they come along on sales and you can see the backer status on the main page, look at it as it is now, that was updated the 20th december, and the 20th january they are going to add the money gained too and will unlock 1 or 2 new features to develop, last month alone they got a little over 50k

if you are interested you should definately buy the game, i backed the game back in august with 95 dollars and i have as yet not regretted it even once, the devs are active, they look around in forums, join them and answer them, if enough people want a certain feature they try their best to get it into the game, honestly i have never seen a more amazing team, one of them even added me to personally thank me for helping on steam community hub, i was simply baffled.

So buy the game if you dont mind exploring and building, atm its very barebones which means that those are the only 2 options in the game, there are already 307 billion square meter of land on the current worlds though and there are even more to come, so there is enough to look after 😀

If you decide to buy the game you will be welcomed with open arms, looking forward to seeing ya ingame 😀

-Zouls

builder_blaster83
      Participant

Thanks for the detailed response! I am very interested in the game and the more I dig into it (browsing the forums, getting great feedback from users like you) the more likely I am to pick it up.

I am 100% behind early access games that have devs as committed as these. I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but Minecraft is the best template/example of how to go about a perpetually in-dev game and if Oort can be anything like that model, I definitely want in on the ground.

Wandering and building are my two favorite things to do in most games, so the current state sounds about right!

Again, thanks for the great reply, Zouls!

Zouls
        Participant

Np. give a shoutout if you have any other or more specific questions, or add me on steam by searching ”Zouls” and im the dude with the purple icon, will be more than happy to help 🙂

builder_blaster83
        Participant

I’ll look you up! Thanks!

alexanderyou
      Participant

I also really like where the game is going, but most of the people I played minecraft with don’t want to get a game that doesn’t have much content in it yet. I am definitely getting them to join once it is more developed 😛

builder_blaster83
        Participant

That’s exactly what the friend who pointed me to the game said. When the game is more actualized, I’ve got a cluster of buddies coming it’s way!

I’ll probably get going on the game though, just to let them all know how great it will be!

Birne

I especialy like that the team is giving updates in a high rate, so there is a feeling of constant progress. For example we got the mini map and a 64bit client (working through the beta-option in steam) in the last couple of days. For me it became a ritual to run my steam on my laptop in the morning just to have a look if it got another update ;D

Also, they are realy listening to the players, not only here in the forums but also on FB or Twitter. I allways have the feeling, that my opinion is heard and taken seriously. It’s a good feeling 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.