Oort the Galaxy of Worlds

Home Forums General Discussion Oort the Galaxy of Worlds

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Grimoire
      Participant

Hey guys, Oort is what I would consider a very wonderful game, it has so much potential it’s a game I know I’m looking forward to being a creative type myself. Though I have some questions and if anybody could answer them then I would truly be happy.

-UPDATES-
      After everything has been funded for the base game which is all listed on their timeline. Will we be able to have more stuff implemented into the game, like more passive / aggressive creatures, monsters, titans/ furniture / armor & weapons and trinkets and more? (I know I’m thinking ahead but that is also something to look forward to so a game doesn’t die, you know. Longevity.)

-USER INTERFACE-
      I know the game is in pre-alpha, still looks great. Are we going to have a UI different from now to release?

-1st & 3rd PERSON-
      While in 1st person view, will be be able to see what our characters are holding on the sides of the screen? Kinda like Elder Scrolls? Like if you hold a torch or lantern will it display on the side of the screen showing that you have it equipped? And as for 3rd person will we be able to do combat and be able to do everything in this mode like you can in 1st person?

-SURVIVAL-
      A key element in a world in my opinion and really immerses myself in such a world. What I mean by survival is not combat survival, but the fundamentals of surviving which is hunger and thirst, will something like this be implemented? I would think it would be nice for it will allow people who raise creatures for their meats or gets milk from them or gathers fruit and grows crops and all that other fun stuff in the world some reason to work as a community in game and as a source for trade. Without hunger and thirst I think it would be too simple to just worry about HP / MP and stamina unless backed up in a different way I think.

-BUILDING-
      I see in the pre-alpha that people can have unlimited blocks? Will that be in release? I can kinda see people can have unlimited building blocks if they are a world designer and stuff but I feel it might be a little broken if everybody had such power at release.

-DURABILITY-
      Will our equipment and tools have durability? I see the hookshot or whatever it’s called being very useful for tools in game at the moment, but I feel it might be too overused to a point that might ruin immersion. Though if there were only so many charges you can use that you might have to restock on ropes or a cooldown to how often you can use it maybe it will fix that?

-BEACONS & INTERACTIONS-
      Beacons protect your property and creations correct? Very nice. Does the beacons also protect your stuff for when we get chests, cabinets, shelves and other types of containers which our stuff will be stored, for if it’s personal or for trade? Will people be able to block off other players from entering certain areas in a house for example if it’s a door that only allows the creator or friends of the person so outsiders cannot come in and say cull the herd of animals they are taking care of?

-CREATURES-
      Will creatures, aggressive and passive be able to spawn in a beacon area? Will it depend on the server what types will spawn if they do? Cause in a MMO sandbox and if everybody has a beacon and creatures don’t spawn in them then they might be more rare of a resource. Will we also have creatures that can do range attacks / spells? Will we have flying and aquatic passive and aggressive ones as well?

-FURNITURE-
      Can also be considered ones trophies or personal way to customize their dwellings and call it their home or property. Will we be able to create furniture or find treasure out in the world that we can display? Will we have building tools that can even enhance the blocks we place, by some of the artwork displayed on your main site it looks like that there are some detailed backgrounds with swirls and etc.

(This is all the questions and stuff I have at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll think of more. Thanks guys for reading, I’m really looking forward to the game and the community regardless. Much luck! <3)

Grimoire
      Participant

-SERVERS-
      When your on a server and say you have everything like tools, food, etc. When you transfer to a new server (I’m speaking @ launch) will you carry all that you have on your character or will each server have a set of characters you can create and inventory will only be on the character you obtained it from?

-STORAGE-
      Will we have a system where we can have storage for certain items locked onto a server if we have more than a 1 character per server option? And that only certain materials/items can be traded between characters?

-MAIL & MAILBOXES-
      Will we have a way to send mail to our friends and Oortians and be able to send items with mail too? I think it would be fun to be able to send presents.

Kuma

They’re thinking about exactly these questions at the moment I’d say.
      But one I can answer. Since every server is a world, you will carry everything your character has on him to the new world. It wouldn’t make any sense if you couldn’t. But as this is so clear to me, I’m not sure I answerd the question you asked^^ If not please rephrase it.

Grimoire
      Participant

Unless Servers are totally unique and have a variety of worlds in 1 server, than if they consider a world a server. I’m kinda meaning not how you use the portals to travel from the different worlds in a server. Kinda confusing without drawing it up. lol

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.