Ort Stones and portals

Home Forums General Discussion Ort Stones and portals

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Darkstar-IE
      Participant

HI all , just arrived here, and started playing oort. Looks good so far, and the worlds look fantastic. Looking forward to player mesh etc. I have One question. in the dev videos, they talk about mining oort stones, and making portals. – I know the devs have some portals already in the game (though I haven’t found one yet) but does anyone know at what stage in the development will we get oort stones and portal access? – Thanks

Zouls
      Participant

other things are more important first, + they need to stabilize the game engine perfectly since portals is going to be really hard on the servers, so i imagine there will be some time and that they need other things ingame first, such as crafting, combat, creatures and so on.

Darkstar-IE
      Participant

Sure, thanks, there is a lot to be done, and tbh, I’m not in any hurry, – it was more a curious question than an “i want” 😀

I think this game could potentially be massive. it has a great engine, and even at this pre-alpha early stage that is very apparent. Even in the short time i have spent here, its easy to see what this game can become. Some of the scenery alone is breathtaking with the lighting.

So I’m here really to enjoy it, test it, report bugs, and watch it come together. Ive been involved in a number of betas over the past few years, and have got to like seeing games at the early stages, and getting involved as the bugs get ironed out. Going to give this the thumbs up on steam too, and encourage more people to get in.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Darkstar-IE.

I imagine that portals, machines, and such will be unlocked when the Crafting II upcoming feature is unlocked.

Padraigo
      Participant

If you look on the upcoming features roadmap on the front page http://oortonline.com/), you can see there is a feature to craft your own portals ect.

This roadmap development is based off of player feedback, so once the current characters feature is done, you will have the chance to vote for portals if that is what you want.

The one that gets voted is the one they will work on next.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.