Pest control

Home Forums Suggestions Multiplayer Pest control

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ShadowFox
      Participant

I think attacking some1’s camp should be as difficult as attacking a titan. This way some1 can defend themselves more easily if they choose to play solo. The idea is that only if the person makes a lot of people angry, they will have to work together to remove him. “Grab your torch and pitchforks!”

Zouls
      Participant

What is your definition of ”a camp”?

nothing in these sentences makes any kind of sense what so ever, so please try to explain further what you mean by it and people can come discuss 😀

ShadowFox
      Participant

We do not have any kind of base, war camps, or mechanics of pvp at all… anything any1 says about that wont make any sense. I can’t control yours or any1 else’s imagination if one is present but plz try to use it.

I am simply saying that teamwork should be required to attack any1.

Havok40k
      Participant

Sounds like a griefer’s wet dream if it takes multiple people to drive one loner off. Titan’s are supposedly going to be tuned to dozens of players, and you’re suggesting it be that hard to attack one’s “camp?”
      Before you start suggesting people have no imagination, can you maybe give us some more complete thoughts about what you have in mind?

Perhaps it may take teamwork to attack a well equipped powerful player with high end weapons and armor, but only if those attacking him are under equipped weaker players.

ShadowFox
      Participant

I am not saying that we should defend griefers, I suggest this to not promote bulling. If you were a solo player trying to build on one small piece of land and you just want to be left alone, how would you like it if some1 attacked you daily? I know some people can be very annoying but I am also sure the annoying people will have lots of enemies that would be glad to remove them from the area.

Ok, so maybe the titan thing was a bit much but do you really believe one person should be able to attack another’s home so easily?

I am not suggesting you or any1 do not have an imagination. I am simply defending my right to contribute thought to the game. I have talked to several ppl in the game that do not come on here simply because others think they should make all the shots. No1 here knows how the game will turn out or is even the one working on the code to make it possible. Not everything will be in the game and already people assume that ideas they said earlier in other posts will be the way it goes. My ideas are simply that and if you disagree maybe you can peacefully try another suggestion to move solo players for expanding cities or any other reason.

I said camp as in a place of where 1 player is building… be it a beacon or what not, Camp can mean anything and if you can’t come up with what a camp is I do not feel I should have to explain it. The game dose not have anything yet that I feel I should have called it and I believe beacon would not be correct since not every1 builds within them atm.

I have seen both of you in the forum with some good ideas and do not understand why you feel attacking another’s idea solves anything. If you or deves feel this post is a waste of space simply remove it. No1 should insult another for trying to help shape the game.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by ShadowFox. Reason: typo removed
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by ShadowFox.
      Grey

I think there should be a positive way to deal with grifers and also a grifer outlet so that they can they can get it out of there system.

if you have a system to were a player does something bad you hunt them down then what you kill them once and they respawn and move on.
      if they know people are going to kill them and there’s more then one player coming then why run why do anything just sit there and die then respawn at home were you left your goods so on. Honestly that doesn’t sound like it would fix anything but make them want to do it more.
      So how do you fix that?
      on the other hand if your giving out request to hunt that player then you have many many people that will think its ok to spam grief that one player that might of only griefing once or thought the place was abandoned so they were building there. So pretty much you made a system cause one player did a few bad things your going to get much more players to do even worse things to that player and when will these other players want to stop harassing that player 3 days, 2 weeks, 7 months, a year? pretty much it can go south and give oort a bad name pretty fast so how will you stop that? cause will stop or follow the rules of this system. there always going to be people that want to push it farther those more unfun rules are made to deal with those people.

Beacons should be fine.

Another idea that I can think of is find a positive fun way to deal with them not that that other way wouldn’t work I just think it would need to be refined.

you could have worlds that don’t have beacons like warring worlds where players or guilds can battle on large scales and steal and all that.

you could let NPC’s find and sell items that players drop this would be a way for recourses to be recycled not added to the game. maybe they can brake them down to basic mats like stone and such anyways the main point would be to let player be able to steal from these NPC’s shops that players make and have guards in town so this wouldn’t be an easy thing to do depending on how well other players built the town and ran it.

A bounty system

maybe have some beacons or just worlds that the beacons reset the place
      so like instead of protecting a tower the tower can now be destroyed however it will be restored in a few hours. and ore or what ever blocks in that area cant be harvested but the players that have permission can edit them. would be cool for large battle fields that you can reset XD

Grey

was just trying to get other people to think the hole thing out really not saying my ideas are good or bad lol

ShadowFox
      Participant

It’s good to have others contributing ideas. I like the idea that the game allows you to support law or become a criminal. Who knows maybe you can have one city you contribute to and protect but another neighboring city you raid and plunder due to diplomatic differences… I think a criminal organization would be neat but it should not be so easy and have heavy consequences otherwise every 1 would be a criminal…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.