Pet System Ideas (Post yours, too!)

Home Forums Suggestions Creatures Pet System Ideas (Post yours, too!)

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GameGeekRob

Hey, all! I imagine a lot of you are excited for a pet system like I am. Here are some of the suggestions I made in my survey submission today:

-Make creature-handling a profession. Maybe add progression so players can become beast masters (easier taming, using multiple pets in battle, heal pets easily).

-Allow players to easily trade pets to other players. Rent pets to other players to protect them or to be used as beasts of burden.

-Hoping for an in-depth breeding system that allows for passing of traits to create ideal creatures for combat or other tasks.

-Interaction with pets similar to tamogatchi, pet them, feed them, maybe they can get sick.

-Possibly rare variants (color and size) or ways to customize a pet would be neat.

What does everyone think? What ideas do you have?

Master_Chill
      Participant

Pet ideas.. well. Mostly I don’t see the point for crossbreeding, with the rare exception for animals. I still remember the small animals from Castle Crashers, where some would defend you, others would heal and others would inflict bleeding by biting the enemy and so forth. I think that crossbreeding might actually help here, I kinda would like to see a wolf for example that has the ability to heal me because I’m it’s master, but also would defend me when I’m in a battle with a guardian.

Also, you might be able to create a mule of some sorts, that can pack some extra storage for long travels from one city to another. Something that I’ve already covered over here:

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/bag-inventory-trading/

And this is perhaps a long shot, but breeding something that you can mount, be it a flying mob or not, is something I’d like to see happen too at some point. Though it isn’t very high up my list for now.

Fandalf
      Participant

Pet customizing could be great… Add armors, some specific acessories to give more damage, speed, magic to pets… Could be nice. What you think?

/.-

I think it would be cool if animals naturally had different traits in nature (inflict venom, regenerate, go invisible, breath fire, etc) and upon harnessing said animals one could then cross breed to get a hybrid of the animals with traits, but with one trait dominant and another recessive, and some animals having no special traits. These traits could take up a slot and an animal could have lets say 5 slots; offensive, defensive, special, physical,bonus. An example of this system is that if you bred a fire breathing lizard with a generic wolf you would get a weird “lizolf” that breathed fire as an offensive trait and do it just as well as the lizard (since the wolf had no traits) but if the lizard were bred with a large bear (with the “large size” physical trait) it would be a larger hybrid resemblance of the lizard and could maybe breath a weaker flame to go with a slightly smaller size (than the bear), or if the wolf and bear were bred it could create a dire wolf-like creature that would be just as big as the bear (since the wolf had no traits). Just an idea as to how things could work

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.