Rain is a thing!

Home Forums General Discussion Rain is a thing!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rukio

Awesome! Does it make puddles or anything? Is there ‘heavy rain’ that slides down blocks?

Rob
      Participant

Being based in the UK we are very familiar with the phenomenon of rain. 😉

No puddles yet or sliding down blocks, but if Luca our resident weather and physics genius sees this I’m sure he’ll make it work during his lunch hour. 😉

Have you been to ‘Luca’ world yet and seen the snow?

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

I would support this too! It would give a realistic feature to the world of Oort. Maybe even have rain and water make your character look a lil wet/slide down your armor / bounce off your weapon?

Maybe even weather helping or hindering things such as archery/spell casting as well?

Dasachi

Great idea Grimoire. I like having weather actually affect things.

Also, tell Luca I said great job on the snow. Its gorgeous!

Rukio

I think the rain interacting with the character will LARGELY have to do with the character models and how detailed they are. We may have to wait for that. They’re working on Combat and Crafting 1 I think. I suggest they get the beacon system, portals and progression before the models. Definitely don’t want the models to be rushed because other portions of the game aren’t complete.

Grimoire
      Participant

I would kinda think they should do race models next so people can actually test them out and have more time to give back feedback with bugs and suggestions for improvement.

Rob
      Participant

There’s different members of the development team working on different features at the same time so we should be able to get more than one thing delivered. The characters are super important to us and so we’re looking to get them done sooner rather than later.

Rob – Wonderstruck Designer

Grimoire
      Participant

Glad to hear and looking forward go it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.