sky lands & weekly worlds

Home Forums Suggestions Worlds sky lands & weekly worlds

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      agent_dmx
      Participant

i don’t know if many people want this but i sure want this: sky lands. big floating chunks of rock in the sky. not every world is like this, just a couple. maybe it is to hard to do because you already have a world builder but i’m sure it would be awesome

weekly worlds are worlds that will stay for a day and will after that be gone. to make a portal to a weekly world you need a very rare resource. it is found only in temples or in weekly worlds. and not only does it need a rare stone you find almost nowhere, you need to daily charge it to use it. this way mostly guilds will have these portals. daily worlds are not very different from normal worlds but some things are different:

-more resources and new resources: normal resources will be less rare. and if you patch in new resources you can find them in these worlds. for example: you add a new tree type: you put in the whole world just 5 of these trees, if someone manages to find one they can harvest the wood and get saplings to grow more trees. if this guys is smart he will grow these trees himself and ONLY sell the wood, this way it is a resource not much people have and he can be rich. this will continue until more of these trees are found and the saplings will spread.

-always pvp: pvp will be on for everyone. you can’t attack your own guild but except for them you can attack everyone. this way special ores that you can only find in weekly worlds will be harder to get, because they are rare AND you can get killed. so the best way to get these resources is to gear up with your guild or buy it from other guilds

-wandering titans: if the pvp wasn’t bad enough for you there will be titans wandering in these land, they will attack everyone on sight, so another reason to go with your guild.

Kuma

I like both ideas. The weekly worlds or maybe monthly worlds could also solve the ore respawn problem we discussed in other threads.

Thorbjorn

This would solve the resource problems. And it will work against the destruction of the other worlds fantastic idea 🙂

Master_Chill
      Participant

Always pvp? The first thing I get from that is the next scenario where you are exploring with someone you hardly know (say a mercenary), to protect you while you’re digging, and you stumble upon a precious item/stone. Next thing you know, someone stabs someone else in the back. Now I don’t know about you guys, but I aint a fan of this.

Kuma

Well you know that there is pvp everywhere so why should you go on a treasure hunt with someone you don’t trust?^^

agent_dmx
      Participant

master chill that’s the fun thing about those worlds. you will get in more danger and the challenge and in trade for that you will get more resources. the pvp is so that resources are even more rare. the last thing i want to see is 500 people digging right trough each other and getting every single resource there is in the world. and about your scenario: i already thought about that. because you can’t attack your own guild. and if they add something that you can’t instant leave your guild you will be safe with your guild members. so you just don’t need to go with a stranger in that world :p

mr.stuff

The problem with this is straight away your at a disadvantage if your not in a guild or a large/ strong guild. Pvp should be a choice like in Minecraft a simple tick box in settings. But for these rarer worlds/ weekly worlds just make it Pvp only as only higher lvl/geared players will be here for the resources.

agent_dmx
        Participant

well my idea with this is that these worlds will be designed for guilds an stronger players. or you go stealth mode in and hope not to see anybody in your adventures. if you are to weak for these worlds you need to find a better guild or trade with other guilds. this will add another element to trading which i think is cool

mr.stuff

I can’t see this being implemented as a sandbox game which means lots of running around mining you would constantly need to be grouped up, this isn’t used in many games if any I can think of, it’s normally an opt in or opt out option which has worked well for many years.

Kuma

I can’t really follow your reasoning to be honest. Could you please elaborate on that?

mr.stuff

Was talking about agent dmx post on Pvp being world wide without an opt in choice. As it’s sandbox I’m guessing they will give you can chance to not go Pvp so if your mining on your on you won’t get jumped by 20 guys. Unless your talking about the high level portal worlds for super rare gear then I agree that everyone should be on Pvp so you need to be in a team to get the super rare materials

Kuma

Ah yes there come two solutions to my mind either only some worlds have PvP or PvP goes in some kind of steps around a beacon down. Like completely safe you can’t die (in towns for example) – PvE – PvP like a kilometer further in the wilderness.

agent_dmx
        Participant

well the normal worlds where you build in are not pvp worlds. and there are plenty if resources that you can get there. just the weekly worlds have pvp in it, and in trade for that you get more and better resources. it will add a challenge and make mining more fun to do because you have a extra element to it which involves tactic skill and more task to do(like lookout). wiping your tracks. and you can also go with your guild to raid other people stealing their resources. also things like explosives need to be tactical or not used because the explosion will attract raiders. you can setup a mining base and connect a portal. to your guild. but if anybody find your mining base they can raid it or try to sell the location to a guild for money. all these things and more can be done with this idea and i think it is very cool. and if you don’t like the pvp in the worlds you just mine a lot in the default worlds and trade the rare resources with guilds. maybe it is a idea to make other weekly worlds which will contain the normal amount of ores and no ultra-rare ores which will be only available in the PvP just for the non pvp people and still fix the resource problem 😉

Thorbjorn

There should be a harsh death toll in them though:
        http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/death-toll/

Birne

Well, I like the Idear with the open pvp in the weekly worlds. Sounds fun and it encourages to group activities (a few are mining, a few are scouting, the rest clean the backs ;D ). I hope they implement a kind of those temporal worlds. May be they should be somehow limited in size, so that the people on them are faced with confrontation. They can be “Shards of worlds floting thorugh the universe”. That can be a good background for the lore of the game, too 😉

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.