StormbringerGT's Suggestions and Feedback for the Developers.

Home Forums Suggestions Other StormbringerGT's Suggestions and Feedback for the Developers.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Please refrain from posting here, (other than the developers) so I can keep this thread clean and easy to read. Thanks!

Okay so I see huge potential in this game. Otherwise I would not have dropped the amount of money I did into it. And so far it looks like a good amount of people are starting to fund it as well. It worries me that unless the game regularly hits financial milestones we will being out on some core features. Also personally I would have prefered that the next update was not combat, crafting (which will lead to conat naturally) would have been much more welcome!

So some initial ideas after playing a bit.

Resources. I played on a pretty populated and regularly played minecraft server for years and yes even in that game, you had to go very very far and wide from your base (sometimes to never see it again) to find Resources in an MMO world with thousand potentially millions of players, what happens to property I claim that has been “mined out”. I do not know of a clear and easy answer to this. Regenerating resources would have to be very finely balanced. This is actually an issue the real world faces today.

PVP. This is something a lot of people enjoy in mmos. But in a craft centric game like this after hours of digging and traveling to get killed by someone else can be truly frustrating. I am not sure how your team plans to do PVP. Some people will always want it on and enjoy preying on others. Other people will want a more peaceful PVE builder approach and do not want to have to worry about PVP they do not want to participate in.

Biomes. More. Seriously probably one of the best mods for Minecraft was more Biomes. I do not think you can have enough and this will help with the sense of exploration and having resources tied to only certain worlds. This will foster trade or war. Some of the most fun I’ve had in Minecraft was coming across new biomes and the vistas they create. With the engine you have on your hands you could make some truly jaw dropping views.
      Here are a few ideas.

Crystal World: massive and small crystals just from the center of the world. Some are valuable and mined some are invulnerable and must be built around. The crystals are valued for the infinite light but might they be used for something else? Dwellings of beauty could be constructed hugging around the massive impervious crystals.

Completely Underground World: The Surface is right against the atmosphere and unlivable. Massive caverns so large the tops are lost in the darkness lie between tight claustrophobic corridors. This world is rich in minerals but lacks wood and has little water. Cooperation or war will be required to create a cavern sprawling underground community. Workers creating underground highways have been attacked but what can be described as “living piles of rock. With faces”…

Ancient Civilization World: An ancient civilization lived here. They grew too big and ran out of natural resources or maybe a giant meteor storm wiped them out (with the meteors carrying rare and exotict minerals). Most of the world is covered in the ruins of their civilization. The real treasures lie in what they left behind.

Sky Island World: Everyone is going to request this anyway. No one knows if this world has a landmass or not, as the distance down and pressure are too great for even the stoutest adventure to overcome. Gravity anomalies have caused massive and small chunks of land to form islands floating in the sky. Creating a thriving world will be challenging but beautiful to behold. One misstep is death…

Volcano World: This is a new world going through its birthing pains. Filled with massive exotict creatures and ancient minerals not found anywhere else. It is also very hostile and lacks the water most lifeforms need to live. Massive volcanoes and pools of lava dot the surface. Storms rage the surface and the planet itself acts as if it wants to keep outsiders out. Those who brave the inhospitable lands will find treasures not found anywhere else.

Giant Tree World: Massive trees cover this world. The wood here is legendary for its toughness but the trees are all but impossible to cut down. There are also the guardians of the forest to deal with. Whispers are heard that some of the trees may even be sentient. Will you work with nature and create beautiful tree top villages or harvest its bounty.

These are just a few of the ideas bouncing around in my head untop of the more Natural biomes we are accustomed too.

Guardians. While you have you 5 or so classes mapped out their should be variations in them depending on what world they are on. A brute living in the oceanworld would be aesthetically different than one found on the icy mountains. You should always be able to look and say “This is a brute” but they should be different and apart to their environments and feel like they belong to their world. The same can be said of the creatures that live on the worlds as well. Going to 30 different worlds and seeing the same 20 creatures but with different skin colors will breaking the beautiful spell your game is casting when it comes to exploration.

Wonders. These should be awe inspiring very rare man made or natural structures that you can come across in your travels. An ancient massive world tree. A mind staggering tall tower. A wall that seems to have no end. A mountain staggering in its size and craggy. Massive odd colored cliffs that tower above an ocean. Your imagination is the limit with these wonders and will no doubt spark the imagination of those who comes across them. You want players to wonder, why this is here, who put it here and what purpose does it serve.

Sites. This is most likely something you guys have planned but it bears mention. Exploration in these games are key and seeing all the beauty than can be randomly made is wonderful. Come across different sites also adds to this wonderment. Ancient ruins. A lonely castle. A cellar door set into the ground. A wizards tower. Villages. Druids grove. etc. Finding these should always be exciting. Are the abandoned? do they hold treasure?

Finally some direct feedback to playing so far.

– Tootlip interface. Hover over stuff in your inventory to get details.

– Trees. Much more variety. The “leaf” blocks need to look better. Everything looks so good but the trees feel very unnatural. A different texture for the leafy parts would go a long way. Maybe even some swaying in the breeze.

-Trees again. They need to fall down when chopped. They need to collapse into blocks when chopped. Even if this means that the block you are hitting takes longer to break but other wise you end of with floating leaf blocks all over the landscape. There was a mod for minecraft that did this.

-Ladder or rope blocks. Need to be added in stat. Climbing would be very useful at this early stage.

-Weather. You got a great looking system here. It needs tweaking (which I am sure is on the list). There needs to be different weather systems. Overcast. Partly cloudy. Clear skies. Thunder Storm. Weather systems add a lot of immersion and story to a game experience.

So far you guys are right on track. You have a little magic seed in your hands and I cannot wait to see what you do with it. Then I cannot wait to see what my fellow players do with it! I will update this regularly as I play. I jot down thoughts as I play and a lot of what I thought up looks to be planned features. Which I really hope we hit the funding for.

Thanks again Wonderstruck, I look forward to see what you can do and any comments you may have with my comments.

When you die your inventory needs to stick around longer on the ground. This is a non issue now, and I’m sure its on a list somewhere just wanted to mention it.

Ctrl + W when trying to place an angled piece… Anger….

All pieces should be able to be angled.

-Additional inventory space based on backpacks or pouches
      -pack animals (to store more stuff)
      -additional; storage based on a strength stat?

-Darker nights. Makes them scary yet more magical especially with the great lighting system you have.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.