Tentacled Horrors!

Home Forums Suggestions Creatures Tentacled Horrors!

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wet Jimmy
      Participant

Something I’d love to encounter;

You’re mining away deep within the earth, minding your own business.

The tile set starts to get a bit weird, the occasional odd rune or inscription. A warning, perhaps?

You break what you thought was a regular stone block, but all of a sudden – tentacles! Writhing horrible tentacles start spewing out of the wall, filling the tunnel. It just keeps pouring out, taking up more and more room!

You run away, but now you’ve got a section of your new mine being inhabited by something giant and awful and you need to find a way to deal with it.

THAT’s what I’d love to see 🙂

Grimoire
      Participant

Maybe if they make it a world boss and you fight it in the cave system and you know it’s about to spawn when the ground starts to tremble.

Havok40k
      Participant

I’ve seen enough hentai to know where this is going…

Thorbjorn

Oh god no lets not go there (what is the smiley for extreme horror)

Toady
      Participant

I’d like to see this too! So do you trigger this event when you expose a particular block?

Tunnel worms would be cool too 🙂 Or maybe giant sand worms on desert worlds. Probably be very hard to implement though.

Master_Chill
      Participant

Something that I read in your description boggles my mind. Inscriptions. I think tentacles and whatnot, I think Kraken in an instant, I’m sorry, I’ve seen too many pirate movies for that. But those inscriptions.. now that’s something very interesting I’d like to see happen.

An inscription to warden of enemies, create good luck charms and bring fortune to a house they’re written on.. And when left discarted and abandoned they go wild and create rogue, uncontrolled magic. Now there’s a lot of potential for haunted caves and ghosttowns alike! 😀

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.