The Combat system

Home Forums Suggestions Combat The Combat system

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mink
      Participant

So I had an idea about how combat should work earlier today well on the toilet. So here is my idea as best as I can explain it.

There would be a variety of weapons, each one would have different stats for range, arc of attack, damage, attack speed. The usual. But then on mous button 2 they would have a special attack. some of the ones I thought up were.

Hammer – leap forward and smash the gorund (actaully destroying blocks possibly, becasue that would be epic) doing damage in a circle around you

polearm – spin in circle doing damage well moving which ever way you are facing.

bow – rapid attack

and so on and on. Anyway these would use up a stamina bar as resource, so you can’t spam them. You could upgrade these with levels so you can use them for longer, or more frequently.

I would also like the combat to require dodging enemy attacks, when they do big ones.

I would like to hear what you think about this.

Grimoire
      Participant

Kinda TMI. But we don’t know how combat will work just yet. It might be as simple minecrafts battle system.

mink
        Participant

this is just what I would like to see. I hope it is not like minecraft though. Too bland and boring.

What does TMI mean?

also i like the idea of a skill system.

Grimoire
      Participant

Simplicity can’t be that boring though, cause if combat is too complicated, it will be kinda hard to do cool things with it. I’m sure if they implement tools and stuff that you can pull off some awesome moves when chained together, like attacking stuff while using a grappling hook. (Imagines flying in midair and attacking Titans like Attack on Titan…) lol

mink
      Participant

the system I have proposed is not too complicated. It is actually relatively simple.

And yes simplicity can definitely be boring, and in most cases is more boring.

Grimoire
      Participant

I would assume combat won’t be too complicated. I don’t know if we will even have an ability hot bar or not.

Max

imho every game needs to take a few pages/chapters/tomes from the combat system of Mount and Blade.

I find the directional blocking and attacking, the feints and the footwork the best melee system I’ve seen in a game. If the designers could take a few cues from this system I would be overjoyed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.