The Pioneer Edition

Home Forums General Discussion The Pioneer Edition

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Padraigo
      Participant

Me and a few other friends are looking at that Pioneer Edition.

4 copies for 4 friends, 2 of them get instant access.

Do the other 2 friends get Alpha or Beta access later on, and do we all get the Mega Beacon bonus?

because if not, then those 2 friends are basically paying $60 bucks for less than what you’d get in the $15 version.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Grimoire
      Participant

Somebody already posted about this in a different forum.

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/this-needs-to-be-advertised-more/

No information about it yet but they will tell us when they are ready.

Padraigo
      Participant

If the Mega Beacon applies to all of the keys given in the $250 edition, then that is the one I will get fo sho. If not, ill just stick with the cheapest option.

QuilkSilver1

i already bought the pioneer pack. I’m not 100% sure on this, but the payment ties through the email, so i think all the benefits will go to one person only. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Grimoire
      Participant

That’s how it works I believe.

Padraigo
      Participant

So why would the other 3 want to chip in for $250 if only one person gets the bonuses.

Might aswell just get the $15 version, atleast you get extra stuff with that.

It doesnt seem very well thought out.

Thorbjorn

Because the mega beacon is sort of op and giving it to 4 people who only pay 62 dollars each is not quite fare for the other players also this would mean that these 4 people would get more by paying less

Grimoire
        Participant

Agreed Thorbjorn.

Padraigo
        Participant

62 dollars for a mega beacon though?

I’m not trying to dissuade people from supporting the game, because it does look fantastic.

I’m just trying to understand how that deal would look appeasing to 4 people wanting to get into the game and get a little bit more out of it for pre ordering.

because again, one person gets all these perks and the other 3 get nothing while paying more than the price of other tiers who get alot more.

It doesnt make sense.

Nyuudles

I think most of the cost comes from buying 2 Instant access(190$) and 4 launch keys(60$. totaling 250$), not from the bonuses. They’re just there as a thank you to the main supporter. looking back at it now I’m starting to be in doubt that instant access counts as a launch key 🙁 seeing how lower tiers only give one launch key. If your friends want bonuses too Then I think it’s best if the four of you separately buy adventurer or wayfarer.

Padraigo
        Participant

I doubt the base game of this is going to cost $60 on release.

Nyuudles

You misread what I said. 4 launch keys cost 60$ total (15$/key).

Padraigo
        Participant

Its 4 launch keys, two of those can be instant access. It isnt 6 keys all together, only 4.

Nyuudles

I didn’t say it was a key… I was hoping for it though in my earlier replies, but the reason why I made both instant access cost 95$
        (separate to the launch keys) was because of the price of wayfarer (Now with the update of the tiers, both instant accessed accounts get the bonuses). All of the pricing I did is just speculation anyway. I hope I wasn’t confusing you.

All in all, most of the money going to them is for supporting the game’s development. keys or not, we’re just supporting them right now.

Padraigo
        Participant

True. and I hope i’m not coming off as entitled or like i’m dissuading people from supporting the game. I’m just trying to offer some feedback to the devs about how to improve the support platform.

Mostly I was pointing out, how unappealing it was to get the pack if you are buying it with 3 others, just because some get the bonuses and the others don’t.

Ardos

Edited: Just had an email confirmation on this –

“Lastly, to answer you questions, the perks are for the Master account only.”

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Ardos. Reason: Received an email confirmation
      Karko

For historical purposes. Anyone in the future reading this should know that it has been changed. So that all instant access users get the perks.

Ardos
      James
      Keymaster

Hi! As the post to the news site describes – we’ve changed the packages based on feedback.

Originally: it was the single buyer who gets all the stuff and can then distribute some Instant Access keys and Launch Keys.

But based on feedback from parents (who wanted to make sure their kids get the same extras) and feedback from users (who wanted to band together for the higher packages) – we’ve changed it.

Now: all Instant Access users get all the perks (with 1 exception see below).

When the launch happens – they can give out their extra launch keys to friends, family, etc. The Launch Keys don’t have the perks. Only the people who do the backing get the perks.

Exception: The exception is the world building. Everyone will get access to the tool ASAP, and they can all build worlds, play with the tool, etc. But we can only put one world live – but hopefully this will be ok – as we hope the group would want to play together in a single world.

Finally: Please shout if you think there are other changes that should be made to the packages. We want people to think they’re fair and worthwhile.

I think an awesome change should be founder worlds. From the $95 package and up. These are worlds or servers that only founders can interact in, build, place beacons etc. Other non-founders can visit these worlds but not interact in the, (such as mining or placing blocks or beacons etc.). This could foster a close community with the founders and be one more perk to add to for crowdfunding.

It also means the founders may see less griefing, since $95 probably keeps most of them away…. 🙂

James
      Keymaster

I think the idea behind Founders World – is already pretty much what you describe. Only Wayfarer and above are in the game now. When we go alpha (and more people enter the game) we will finalise the “Founders World(s)”.

We’ll ask the community at that point if they want a new special founders world, or potentially they’ll want to keep the worlds they’ve already been playing in.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.