This needs to be advertised more!

Home Forums General Discussion This needs to be advertised more!

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      mr.stuff

Only just heard about Oort and absolutely love the idea. Huge fan of Minecraft and sandbox games in general. I read about Oort on Appygeek but this looks great. I know advertising is expensive but this needs to be shown off to world and I know the kick starter would explode. As a Brit myself this is another great push in British gaming. Looks amazing guys and expecting great things.

Grimoire
      Participant

I’ve actually seen alot of people checking out the game after IGN advertised it on YouTube. ^^

mr.stuff

That’s great news as I keep updated daily with Appygeek which is great for daily news etc, but this was the first time I have read about it, how long ago did IGN cover the story? Ort looks beautiful and I think it could be one if the greats given the chance but without the people knowing it won’t flourish. What else can be done? Even top youtubers playing it would increase the hype surely?

Grimoire
      Participant

I think they showed it either July 31 or August 1.

NeonZerglin
      Participant

They could send free keys to Youtubers. Basically free advertising there.

Theo

I hope they will, but I think it does not have that level of complete progression right now, people just tired of the Early Access games (ty Steam).

Havok40k
      Participant

They are giving away free keys on streamers channels if they get over 100 viewers. As a crowd funded game, we should also help advertise this game via word of mouth and social media! Tweet away!

Grimoire
      Participant

Well when I finally get the 250$ one I’m gonna have one key for myself, give my fiance the 2nd key, my best friend the 3rd, and then I’m probably gonna do a contest giveaway for the 4th on my art site. ^^

Nyuudles

Hm? I thought Instant access was a launch key in itself too. I guess it isn’t? I’m a bit confused now 🙁

Grimoire
      Participant

Oh, I’m not really sure myself, I just saw

2 Instant Access Keys &
      4 Launch Game Keys

I figured the Instant Access Keys were only meant for Instant Access (Prototype, Alpha, Beta) and then when game launches you use one of the Launch Game keys to activate your account (with whatever bonus bundle you chose that was tied to the e-mail).

Guess I’m playing it safe, but it would be cool if Instant Access acts as a Launch Key too, if it does, means I can give away more.

Nyuudles

4 game keys(to officially play the game with others) for 250$ seemed a bit short to me is all (the bonuses coming with it is a huge plus though). We’ll just wait for clarification from the developers. But I’m pretty sure Instant Access means access to everything.

Grimoire
      Participant

Ya, let’s just wait to see what the Oort team has to say about it. ^^

joseph

I assume that at $250 you get access immediately with two accounts, at launch two accounts get added. At the Wayfarer level you get one access key and one instance access, so you purchase the game for one account and you get into the game immediately with that one account.

mr.stuff

Yesterday I noticed one of the Yogscast crew has given the game ago.
      Since I got my instant access yesterday I was 377 now up at 566 it’s flying up so hopefully word of mouth gets around I know they’ve made it so easy to tweet etc

Johannes

What hooked me was an article on gamestar which stated that the devs would be former employees of Lionhead and Hello Games. Though it is the most basic marketing strategy it is indeed a proper one that should be followed for a while. I wouldn’t waste too much money on marketing now, looking at the sheer amount of survival games and pixel-/voxelart out there, but instead “free ride” on articles about those games somehow… simply spreading the word “manually” until the game has reached a more polished state.

Also, marketing budgets don’t just exist but need to be generated first. ^^
      However, I don’t think KS or Indiegogo and such would work right now, as it is contradicting their plans regarding the “modular funding” they offer.

mr.stuff

I agree with what your saying but it was only by chance that I found out about Oort and I am backing them all the way now I am aware. Like anything with crowd funding the more money they get the more will be put into the game so taken with a pinch of salt if people don’t know about they can’t back it and therefore it gets less money and less features.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.