Titans!

Home Forums Suggestions Creatures Titans!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Zouls
      Participant

One of the many special aspects of oort online are the titans.

the description who most of you already know are as following
      ”Some worlds are home to a Titan, sworn to defend an ancient Oort Temple containing the rarest resources and items, but they’re not easy to find. Grab some friends, divide across the world and search for Oort Temples.

Titans are incredibly aggressive and territorial. Once you’ve located an Oort Temple the fight begins. Don’t expect it to be an easy task, taking down a Titan requires strategy, time, planning and serious guts.
      Titans are the deadliest of The Protectors, standing watch over the rarest loot. Ten times bigger than you, Titans cannot be taken down alone.”

so working with what what is known and what i think would be cool i’m going to dive into titans.

Size: i heard some rumors about the devs talking about the size but i couldnt find the info anywhere so the only info i have is the description ”Ten times bigger than you” to me that seems too small, ten times bigger is only 20 blocks high and that doesnt feel like a titan size more like a giant so i think they should be bigger

this is a picture i took in the game on the world septu, this really reminds me of a titan ish and i think this size would be pretty cool or even bigger would be amazing but that is just about taste.

Elements. I would personally love to see elements matter in the game and they have already said that the survival system will tie into a lot of things like freezing on a cold planet and being too hot on a desert one.
      I think this would tie in amazingly to being elemental focused titans, so every world have a main theme which could be fire, ice, earth, water and other elements that may come into the game like shadow/death and light.
      so if i play on a frost world then the titan(s) hidden on the world would be made of frost element, which would tie into combat (coming further down)

Uniqueness: I feel that every titan fight should feel epic, there are alot of different scetches of titans on the art page and i feel that the titans shouldnt all be the same, so there are speed based titans who are a little weaker but extremly fast so the battle becomes more fast paced and tank titans who are the big brutish somewhat slow titans that really packs a punch.

and what ties into the titans are unique attacks, im not sure how many you want and if they are going to respawn or what but i would like to see maybe a 100 different abilities for each titan type (sorry i know that is a massive amount of work) and then pick 10 of those abilities at random for each titan so the fights will never be the same and you never know what to expect, and then from 1 – 3 elemental based attacks so a fire titan might make most of the area around it burst into flames or a frost titan deepfreezes anything hit by its frost breath which then ties into needing elemental resistance.

Another thing would be having random names and titles (or predetermined) for each titan so we can always remember the battle, so like ”Kraug The Frozen” or ”Gald the flame lord) things like that

Difficulty: you call titans an epic fight and i really hope you mean it, what i would like to see would be one shots, litterally one shots so if you are not fast enough to move out of a punch you would be dead, i want wipes nobody should be able to go in and kil it first time unless they work extremely well together and are the best of the bests but rather learn the attacks and how to avoid them and when.
      and i want to remember it a year from that day, i want to be able to ask my friend ”do you remember that time we fought the titan on septu with our guild” and he would smile and say yes, that is the feel i want from the titan, to be pushed to the limit of our abilities and then succeed

Mechanics: a lot of the players watch anime and most of us are dreaming of attack on titan so a great mechanic would be that, so the bigger slower titans would have weakpoints that you have to grappling hook close to and attack but it could kill you instantly if you aren’t quick enough to get away again.
      other things would be like mentioned above that every boss is about understanding and reaction so if you dont move you are screwed instead of just attacking its feet until it dies.

Reward: im not sure if the titans respawn or not and if you will actually go as far as to make it named (really hope they have names though) but i would really like a system from the latest SAO episode because that would fit so well.
      The system would be that in the citadel on every world there would be a giant stone tablet that people could inspect and on the tablet would be the name of every slain titan on every world and under that name there would be the names and guild name of every player who contributed to slaying that titan, this would be an immense reward to see your name on that tablet and know that it will be saved for everyone to see and it would be a way to get recognition in the world if you form a guild made only for titan slaying or if you are just a solo player who enjoys it.

Problems: Right so these are the things i think would be amazingly cool to see ingame but here are some of the problems that i have been thinking about with this and premade info

Players: how many players would it need to slay a titan? i would hope atleast a raid group of 25 people, but some info said that it might take an entire guild or city, but if you could bring 500 people there would be no fight in it so there need to be a limit on how many players can fight a titan at once

Rewards: I havent gone into the loot system because i think it’s cool but there is a problem with it, how would you split loot among a massive amount of people? if you let every player who wants to fight join and there would be 50 – 80 players who all want part in the loot, how would you balance it out so not only 2 or 3 people get something cool but that it still doesnt feel really rare because everyone got some.

I’m sorry for the long post and any errors which may be in it since english is not my native language.

What do you guys think? am i totally crazy or do some of the things sound like good ideas, would like to know 😀

-Zouls

Hiyosup
      Participant

When titans appear I sincerely hope they become climbable with grappling hooks. The game Dragon’s Dogma let’s you climb large enemies and cows and you can grab onto the bird things (harpies?) as they fly up. I really enjoyed that element where you had to actually deal with a whole monster and not just try to smack a hit box. I haven’t played Shadow of the Colossus, but I imagine that when I think of the titans.

Zouls
        Participant

we all want that, i want them big enough to actually walk on, so you need to attack specific points on their body, attack on titan style or shadow of the collosus style, but i would still like as written above for them to be different, so some of them are slightly smaller and much faster and some are bigger and slower but have more health.

Lilem

If I was that harpy, I’d struggle to fly upwards while being shot through with a grappling hook 😀
        Anyways, seems like an interesting idea overall!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.