Touched by Magic

Home Forums Suggestions Creatures Touched by Magic

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Dasachi

So this might be a complex thing to add to the game, but Ill suggest it nonetheless.

Things that are ‘touched’ by magic.

Weapons, Creatures, Places, Buildings.

What I mean when I say ‘touched’ isnt just fire damage on weapons, creatures that use magic, or mobs with magic ability.

‘Touched’
      Being infused with magic,, to the point of having magical attributes and a magical appearance.

Examples
      A sword thats touched by magic will not only have an elemental damage effect, but also look different.
      For instance, a normal sword might be attached to the hilt, while a sword touched by magic will hover above the hilt(think rayman with his arms) or the sword seems to float next to the player and can shoot elemental magic at the enemy.

Another Example.
      A dungeon thats touched by magic, that when enter, buffs or hinders players.
      Could boost their health, or lower their damage. Or both.

Another example.
      A creature thats touched by magic, will have a magical appearance. Like glowing eyes, or magic veins(think fable when your magic increases?)

If you have anything to add, suggestions, or critique let me know.

I love this! I feel it would fit perfectly in to the game.

Auras for magical creatures and buffing attributes/skills for dungeons would be awesome. I could see dungeons causing an increased gravity to slow the player or a fog that would cause dizziness and disorientation. Maybe they could have a certain requirement, possibly a spell, to enter?

I also think magical weapons would be neat. Along with your sword idea I would like to suggest bows as well. Magic infused bows could use mana instead of physical crafted arrows; their arrows could be something like a light arrow, it doesn’t appear until the bow is drawn. I could also see these “magical weapons” doing a different type of damage than the regular version, not necessarily better but different causing debuffs.

Great idea Dasachi, I really think this should be considered for the game!

Dasachi

Awesome ideas.

I like the spell requirement idea. Advanced dungeons could even require a combination of spells.

Like shoot the door/gate with a fire spell, then hit it with an ice spell. And it wont open unless shot in that order.

Bow idea is awesome. Im glad you grasped the concept i was trying to convey. Lol.

Heres another idea for the fog. What about needing a torch. If you dont have one you take damage from like a poison fog.

Nyuudles

I like it :D. A thumbs up for this!

An addition to your idea:

Being able to craft your own magical column (with your favored element/effect) and placing it in your home/city would both be a buff station and a nice decor.

magical attributes like the 4 main elements, lightning, miasma, and arcane would be nice too.

particle effects for arrows when shot (based on your attribute) would be a great addition too! I always loved seeing arrows fly with a trail of fire or light looked amazing whenever you fight enemies.

Master_Chill
      Participant

It has a nice ring to it. I’ll admit it, but I’ve seen too many uses of magic in various games to have it in here as well. It’s a sandbox game. Crafting rules supreme in my opinion. You want magic? Every other fantasy game is filled with them. So unless it’s cleverly done and not overly dominant, I’d like it. But otherwise I’d rather craft all my stuff, really.

A nice thing that I’d like to see happening would be a certain Oort element that you’ll be able to find deep in the ground. This might be a bit mystical, so that it creates floating rocks when infused with this Oort element. But not much more other than this.

Kuma

It is a little bit one sided if you want to have almost no magic in a RPG. Yes it’s a sandbox game but why not have the “basic combat triangle”? Range, Melee, Magic. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. And they all have to craft their tools. But I see no problem why a mage shouldn’t craft with magic while the others craft something with their hands. It gives the game more choices and a diversity which will set it apart from just a sandbox game like Minecraft. Because it isn’t just a Minecraft clone it is Oort.

Master_Chill
        Participant

*shrugs* Guess I’ll just see what the dev’s eventually will cook up for us. ^^

Atreark
      Participant

I love everything about op’s post! Adding magical cosmetics to the worlds will bring so much more life and depth to this game. Just because it is a sandbox game does not mean that the devs can’t break that concept of it and unlock it’s full potential as a genre. Regardless, I trust the devs to handle this portion of the game very well.

Lilem

This is neat! Sign me up!

alexanderyou
      Participant

All of this. Yes.

Bootlegger

Yes magic!.
      Spell components needed in inventory to cast.
      Spell components grown and harvested by an herbalist/farmer.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.