Treacherous Grounds

Home Forums Suggestions Combat Treacherous Grounds

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nyuudles

rather than separating the PvP community from the PvE community(if that was the developers’ idea) by making special servers, creating a wasteland bordered with ruins of massive Oortian pillars (and danger signs) would be nice (similar to the wilderness in Runescape).

The wasteland will contain the same rare and common resources found in normal non-PvP parts but with more quantity (this would attract both sides since one seeks the materials and the other wants to murder and loot). Beacons and placing blocks are prohibited upon entrance, that way you open to be killed. Also long forgotten titans roam here. Giving them a cracked/mossy/ruined look depending on the environment it lives in. Upon death you will lose all your materials and gold except tools, armor, and weapons

Also, this might help slow down the process of rapidly extracting the rest of the world from all of its resources, and keeping the players interested in the game.

Summary:
      Lands restricted only for pvp bordered by oortian ruins.
      – contains resources both rare and common in greater quantity (always regenerates by the hour)
      – Deep trenches with ores
      – Titans (one per wasteland) spawn here.
      – If killed in the area only your materials are lost.

Additions:
      -Special zones with borders always moving away as players move in with added zone status to the UI

little digital sketch of what I thought the wastelands (in desert world) should look like.

add/critique anything if you like :D.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Nyuudles.
      NoxiousRaven

I think worlds with special rulesets are a good idea.

The question is how do you inform players of such rules?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by NoxiousRaven.
        Master_Chill
        Participant

Upon entering a new world, you stumble upon a forgotten battlefield.
        All of a sudden, a spectral entity rises up before you, warning you for the dangers that lie ahead?

Kuma

If the portals stay the same as now then it would break the immersion for me if just special worlds would have PVP or PVE. Why not have spezial zones like a dangerous woods or a deadly desert. This would make much more sense in my opinion.
        But the borders shouldn’t be fix. They should move with the expansion of the player builds. Maybe depending on a certain radius around the border beacons of a Town.

Havok40k
        Participant

A simple mechanic could be a zone status in the top of your screen that informs you if a zone is friendly, contested or hostile, as well as any special rules like no building, no pvp, or other stuff. I’m expecting to see several portals to different parts of the same worlds, so it may be different depending on what portal you enter a world from. The real question to me is how will portals work? do all portals to a world exit from the same place, or do they correspond to coordinates?

Kuma

The Zone Status idea is great. It wouldn’t disturb the immersion too much and you’d still have the infos you need.

As far as I have understood the portal mechanics, there will just be links between 2 portals independent of position or anything.

Nyuudles

updated! I’m not so sure about the moving borders though. Perhaps restricting beacons around the wastelands/dense forests/sand ruins (in a certain pattern to keep gaps in between beacons just in case) is better?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.