Underground

Home Forums Suggestions Exploration Underground

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Huehuehue
      Participant

Hello everyone. I would like to see really really big underground in this game. I miss this feature in every sandbox game, even in terraria.
      It would be great if we’ll be able to dig ~5000 block down and look for ancient temples and dungeons. It can be even generated from templates. I bet every player will enjoy it.
      Imagine the sitiation when random player suddenly explores a unknown location 4k blocks under the surface.

The Underground

I hope you developers will consider adding this feature to this game. I’m sure it will be the best thing in this game and players will be attracted to this production even more.

Grimoire
      Participant

Would be cool.

sounds cool especially the dungeons and probably an amount of rare and exotic minerals and ores at great depths but i think it would be running heave on the engine?

maybe at a certain dept put a portal that goes down deeper on another world but still the same ( wish i could explain it better).

Thorbjorn

They could generate it as you go deeper so it doesn’t put stress on the engine exempt if people goes there.

Bregma

Be wary of unleashing the Forgotten Beasts and the ensuing Fun.

Master_Chill
      Participant

Great supporter of this. Anyone seen the movie “City Of Ember”? Look it up if you haven’t, it’s a great idea to create in a sandbox game such as this one. I always think fondly back to my days where I kept reading about Dwarf Fortress. I’d love to go as deep as I can and (accidently or not) awake a giant sleeping Titan guarding some form of forgotten treasure. I largely covered it (with the Halls of Durin in mind) at this part of the forum:

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/structures/

It seemed more appropriate to put it over there (and I found that section first :p).

Quincunx

As an explorer, the more places/caves/etc to travel/spelunk/etc into, the better.

Master_Chill
      Participant

Man/woman after my own heart 😉

bobmcbobzorz

I have to completely agree here. When playing Minecraft, I rarely go above ground, and tend to get bored fast because of the lack of features.

We need a number of exciting underground features to keep us moles/dwarves coming back.

Grey

There should be a mole race lol

Robert

I like this. Caves are key. There will be vast world types being generated, so how about this: occasional worlds that are entirely underground! No sky, no sun, no escape, except for portals to other worlds. Imagine how much fun it would be grappling through a huge underground cave system where the tunnels are everything from tiny to massive!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Robert.
        Thorbjorn

I don’t think it would fit very well with the idea that the worlds are small planet?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.