Votes on the community roadmap

Home Forums General Discussion Votes on the community roadmap

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Alpha268

How does the voting actually work?

I’ve heard there are Emails send around, but I havent received any mails from Oort Online. Not for the current milestone, neither for the one before that. Is there some link you could provide me?

(I checked my spam-folder, yes…)

Else I would be disappointed, since I can’t participate as a backer even tho I supported the game.

Greetings,
      Alpha268

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Alpha268.
      Zouls
      Participant

They usually send an email around with a survey, if you have linked your account to your email then you will get the survey when they send it out, there will then be 4 or 5 options to pick between on what to fund next and then there will be a ton of questions of what you would like to see and not see, so on.

Alpha268

That’s nice.

But it appears that I cant participate. I have both the forum-account and the normal game account linked to the same email, but never received anything from OortOnline.

What makes me think is: If my Email was somehow forgotten, then its not unlikely that I’m the only one.

Zouls
        Participant

when did you buy the game?

Alpha268

According to my calculations:

Jan 18 07:01:24 2015

Or: Two milestones ago.

Zouls
        Participant

yeaaah… no

the last survey was on 2nth december 2014. the next one is not out yet. jan is only 2 weeks ago 🙂

DefenderOTC

but it says on the website that we are supposed to be voting on it right now…

Zouls
        Participant

soon. they need to make it first.

Alpha268

Ah!

I get it now!

When I bought Oort Online, the last milestone wasn’t achievet yet, but of course it has already been voted on. Since it wasn’t completed yet, I somehow thought voting hasn’t happened.

But the second one still stands:

You can not write:

“Community vote pending

The Oort Online backers ARE CURRENTLY VOTING on the next feature funding goal.”

when there is no vote yet. Of course I think they completly ignored me when I read that message. O.o

Thanks for clarifying everything tho.

Zouls
      Participant

NP. they are currently making the new survey, you can go over to oort twitter and suggest if you have something specific you would like to see in the upcoming one, you can see the questions and answers from last one in the news tab.

Alpha268

That would actually need me to sign up for twitter. No, thanks.

But its funny how Oort has a forum and to suggest things for the next milestone you need to go over to twitter.

Makes sense to me.

So I guess I’ll get an Email soon.

Mod, you can close the thread 😀

drthmik

You do know you can read things on twitter without having an account right?
        You just won’t get notifications when new things are posted but anyone can just go to the Oort twitter page and anyone can read what they post.

Alpha268

I am pretty sure to “suggest” something like Zouls said, I would need an account.

But fair enough, gonna have a look at the news there.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Alpha268.
      Zouls
      Participant

they read every post in forums and accept suggestions, but they mainly share small updates on twitter.

Okkelinor

I think that voting is located in hidden forum and Participants haven’t access for it.
      But I buy Oort in a Steam and I can have Adventurer title. Only one last question is here: how it work? How to combine steam access, forum title and in-game title into one united entity?
      I had question in a respective topic and I wait an answer for it.

Alpha268

Yeah, thanks for that. I looked it up and sent an email to the staff to have my title changed.

Good job on pointing that out, let’s see how long it takes.

Okkelinor

So, i founded answer on my question in next topic:
        http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/your-forum-title-is-not-right/

How you can see, my title has changed. Indeed, here is hidden forum “Founders Forum” and another one “Test Forum“. But it contain nothing about voting, except questions like here.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Okkelinor.
        • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Okkelinor.
      Havok40k
      Participant

Titles are updated manually, and have often taken a few days to change. If you don’t receive your title after a week, try emailing them.

Votes forms will be sent to the email you registered when buying the game when they are ready. No votes have been sent as of yet.

Padraigo
      Participant

Jeez, they only just hit this milestone, and everyone is going “WHERES MY VOTE?!?”

Come on guys, let them get their **** in order first. Stop being so self entitled.

Alpha268

I cant blame you for not reading the whole thing, but it may be a clever idea to do so before calling other people “self entitled”.

First of all: I’m new to this system. Which means: I do not have experience in this voting, so how do you expect me to know anything about the procedure and the fact that I have to wait 3 weeks to vote?

Secondly: The line “are currently voting” on the main page obviously suggests that voting is open and currently active. I do know that development can take time. But you cant say things that are technically wrong, this only leads to confusion. If I read “currently voting”, I expect to be able to vote, not to wait another 3 weeks to do so.

Just read the whole thing first next time, will ya?

Greetings, Alpha268

Padraigo
        Participant

I understand that you are upset or offended, but you were EXACTLY being Self-entitled, even though you are ignorant of how the system works.

You are having a go at the devs going “You cant say vote pending if you arent doing it” or “why do I have to go to twitter to suggest things” and “wheres my vote, ive been backing for TWO WEEKS but havent been able to do anything”.

Maybe YOU should do some reading around the forums and website so that you dont need to be called out by other people on your wild claims.

I made a general statement that applied to everyone being so impatient., but you took particular offense to it because you know I’m right.

Quantum73

Yeah, give it a rest. Surveys will be out soon, get over it.

Aryndar

I haven’t received any vote notification either.

Have sent the team an email.

Zouls
        Participant

they are still working on the survey. chillax o.o

Ardos

Vote 3 emails are now going out. I received mine a couple of minutes ago.

Quantum73

Whew, just voted. Thank god I can now move on with my life and stop worrying about this… =)

Ardos

To paraphrase Ghostbusters – There is no life, only Oort. 😀

Havok40k
      Participant

I’ll have to do it after work… just 8 more hours…

Okkelinor

It hasn’t variant “Farming I”… =(

Thorbjorn

Hopefully it is going to be creatures or portals/warps that goes through this time 🙂

Also the Which statement best describes CRAFTING + BUILDING for you? question just killed me 🙁 I want thousands of blocks AND a lot of props.

Ardos

Me too!

I think we’ll probably get both eventually. My guess is that they want to know which is the more immediate one to focus on.

Xev

Im happy, even with the amount of blocks they have now 🙂 Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love more. But I find that decorating our creations adds a personal touch, so I think we need more “fun” stuff…but thats just my opinion.

Okkelinor

Similar effect exerting on me question about worlds. So, I want LOT of HUGE worlds 😀

Alpha268

I can agree, I have also received my mail.

I guess the issue is solved then.

Thank you all for your help and time!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.