Water Mechanics

Home Forums Suggestions Worlds Water Mechanics

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Pharoah
      Participant

I’ve been thinking about water mechanics, and by extension, other liquid substances that will fill the oceans of the Oort universe.

I’m wondering if the mechanics could be a bit more realistic in the respect of water pressure.

For example, a single block of water would have the least amount of water pressure, and if 2 blocks were stacked, the lower block would have greater water pressure, and if 3 blocks, the third would have even greater water pressure.

Now water pressure would control how far the water spreads into an open area, including things like filling an entirely submerged building if the hole is not on the bottom of the buildings structure. For example, a hole in the wall or ceiling of a underwater observatory will result in the entire structure filling with water.

This may also allow for interesting river systems as depth determines water spread, which in turn determines depth, when considering things such as rivers that flow along a descending path.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Pharoah.
      Azraile
      Participant

I would love to see this.

Moon pools for the win.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.