Watersource/filling

Home Forums Suggestions Other Watersource/filling

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Just a small idea.

I want to make my own lakes, rivers ect.
      but doing that bucket per bucket is time consuming.

But what if you could have a water source block. that would fill up any thing over time. here’s an example.

Let’s say block 70 is sea level. everything above 70 needs to fit X conditions to let water fill up an area. Let’s say max 1 block 1 anywhere, if this is not the case water would just create a stream.

Under level 70 watter would fill everything up unless it goes 3 blocks deep, then it remains a stream..

This is just for source blocks. we need a recipe for it. so we could use water for simple things and source blocks for bigger things seas, lakes, rivers ect.

after everything is filled up the source block becomes a normal water block so you can change the depht and layout for your lake, river, sea, …

Just a quick idea i wanted to throw ou here for all those who love building large scale and detail.

No idea how hard it is to program though.. :/

Thanks for reading!

Okkelinor

It’s give more power to a players, than it be allowed. Whats if I want fill up other’s houses?
      In Minecraft you need to fill only two sides of a pond. It’s not the worst idea.

Darkicus

I wish we could kind of merge posts into one thread- here are my related ideas-

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/water-mechanics-2/

http://oortonline.com/forums/topic/concrete-toolmaterials/

Could use the same tool-block to create pools of water rather than concrete. I don’t think griefing with this will be a problem if you limit water collection somehow. The problem is really with ‘infinite’ water springs, which perhaps should not be moveable by players normally.

Also, beacons probably need to prevent flooding too. I’m starting to imagine them more as shield domes at this point.

Okkelinor

Solution may be hidden in this way: you need to do something for working filling station. For example, it can expend water from operator’s inventory. And this water can be produced in another places like a condenser.
      Or you can create lake of water by blood magic as a variant =)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.