Weapon ideas.

Home Forums Suggestions Combat Weapon ideas.

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Zouls
      Participant

Right so i wanted to hear what weapons ya want in the game, they have promised
      bows, spears, crossbows, swords, clubs, staffs.
      when they have spear it means they arent afraid to actually move away from the norm. so what i’d like to see would be
      Chakrams, Fist, Unarmed, Claw, Sickle, Scythe, spell tomes, Shield, Rifles, Pistols, war glaives, Martial arts, Katanas, Daggers, and more
      What would you like to see ingame?

Thorbjorn

I really like the weapons:
      Scythe, war hammer, blowgun, whip, bows, punching daggers, mage wands, fists (like martial arts not just punch punch punch).

Zouls
        Participant

the fuck is a punching dagger XD

Thorbjorn

Look it up on google they are basically brass knuckles with a knife blade 🙂

Havok40k
      Participant

Lets break this down into classes of weapons, then add a variety of every class.

Fist type: Unarmed, Claws, Brass Knuckles, Hidden Blade, etc
      Dagger: Shiv, Knife, etc.
      1 Handed: Hatchet, Gladius, Mace, etc.
      2 Handed: Spear, War Hammer, Battle Axe, Great Sword, etc.
      Defensive: Shields, Wards, etc.
      Spell/Magic: Tomes, Relics, Gems, Idols, etc.
      Ranged: Handguns, Rifles, Grenades, Javelins, Bows, Slings, etc.

From here, we can decide what class weapons have what attributes, and what modifiers each weapon in each class has to set it slightly apart. Also, can some weapons be used at the same time as others? Can I wield a 1 handed sword and a spell tome at the same time? How would I select two weapons at once on my hot bar? Can I combine two classes into a single “item” that can later be separated out into its two parts again? Does combining classes of weapons combine the stats of both types, or does duel wielding make each slightly less effective in some way?

upsio

I would like to see a large variety of weapons but if the weapons are going to be mostly swords, spears shields and magic then I don’t really think having guns is really inappropriate contextually maybe some sore of alchemist or magical type guns might work but personal if there is one it should be a bit more late game as they can be very over powered when you are in a fight and the opponent has just a spear. even if it is just a bow and arrow versus a gun the gun is still too overpowered. I would love to see things like scythes and claws even things like throwing knives or shuriken(throwing stars) would still be nice.

Master_Chill
      Participant

I dislike the use of guns really. Don’t know why. Very much pro for reusable weapons that have a medieval atmosphere to ‘m though. Things like bows ‘n arrows; swords of all kinds, throwing knives, anything that can be made with the use of simple tools really.

You can update ‘m. Add poison to arrows and blades and give ‘m colored feathers to indicate what sort of poison they’re dipped in (slow or fast poison), use strong/weak wood for durability and re-usability. Use woods/stone/copper/metal/iron for your weapons to make ‘m stronger and more efficient and so on…

Kuma

There are really only two things I’d do almost everything to see in this games: Dual Wielding and Scythes. (Who doesn’t want to play Death?^^) Back when I played Monster Hunter I’d always prefere the Scythe over a more powerful sword. Which brings me to my next point. Please don’t make a combined hierarchy of all weapons I’d rather do like every type of weapon has its equivalent in the other classes and weapons. So I woulnd’t have a handicap just because I love to use my Scythe instead of the sword which would come next in the hierarchy of Weapons, and which I have already the level to use but because there is no equivalent in form of a scythe I’d stick to my weaker weapon. (Was that understandable?)

Thorbjorn

I agree with Kuma no type of weapon should be better than the others that way a lot more different battles will take instead of everyone using swords and bows fx.

Zouls
        Participant

They should be better, and worse, at somethings. like dualswords attack faster but have limited range, and warhammers deal the most damage but is the slowest. things like that

Kuma

Yea the should have their strengths and weaknesses but not like a sword is the next tier after the scythe.

Zouls
        Participant

there are going to be tiers, but all weapons should have all tiers, and i personally thing randomized stats would be awesome

Kuma

yea thats what I meant^^

MATRIXJAE2000
      Participant

why not make
      shield and sword weapons that you can use together

/.-

I think that since there are temples with “ancient technologies” there should be things that are more in favor of guns. Like maybe something resembling a plasma launcher, but with an insanely long cooldown/reload time that could create explosions, and making dodge moves necessary, but that would leave a long enough time period for a potential melee rusher to close the gap for the kill on said cannoneer, or maybe sheilds/spells that would somehow block/negate the explosives effect/damage. I like the idea of ancient space guns, but realize it would be tricky balancing those with Melee weapons (maybe like guns that do medium to high damage but with a clip of about 3 and a ridiculous cooldown?) I don’t know about the details, but I sooooo want to see alien tech implement somehow, maybe even with weapons like grav hammers and energy swords???( they were just so satisfying to use????) just spitting out ideas.

Jaws97
      Participant

Personally I’m not into the Magic stuff, but the idea of Dual Weilding with weapons I think is a pretty cool idea. Guns……nah not too keen on seeing those to be honest, it just doesn’t seem to fit with the concept that Oort is going with.

/.-

I totally agree as far as guns and oort, and I certainly don’t think conventional guns have a place in Oort, but maybe something along the lines of an alien tech energy crossbow, or some fancy equivalent that felt and looked different than bows (and guns) that used controlled energy bursts or something. Something new and original hopefully, for the sake of our sniper types 🙂

Zouls
      Participant

i would personally prefer not to have alien type stuff, i imagine the oort race kinda like the skyrim dwemer they were some kind of geniuses that could craft things using oort stone as an energy source, but even then i would prefer not to have guns maybe something equalievant like dual crossbrows or sniper focused long bows. but its all a matter of taste

Guns would be a big turn off for me. I prefer traditional weapons. For my own personal weapon…. It’s got to be a kick ass mace!

/.-

I totally get where you guys are comng from, and I agree that the main focus of combat SHOULD be things like maces, swords, shields, axes, spears, hammers and whatever else. I’m also for dual wielding (with some weapons) but my ideas of alien tech (or some other sort awesome equivalent) are simply an extension on ranged combat, as although I feel bows and crossbows should be the base range weapons (along with magic) I think it would be amazing to have something that looks all glowy and powerful as some sort of “unknown tech” sniper. I’m thinking something like skyrim in most ways, but I would LOVE it if some sort of slow-but-deadly alien “guns” (and I use the term loosely) is featured at some point, and would NOT be superior to bows and arrows, but would be a more “hit or miss” alternative. (Think the halo 4 binary rifle, but a bit weaker of course) as always though, melee and other less advanced weapons are the most natural/easiest to incorporate. I’m just asking for something that feels a bit more fresh than crossbows, no offense to my fellow archers of course ???? ….just something I would like to see

/.-

Sorry, the four question marks are supposed to be a smiley face, but I guess my emotes aren’t playing nice with the forum

Hiyosup
      Participant

Regarding dual wielding, are there going to be equip slots for weapons, so say I dual wield scythes because why not, and something attacks me while I’m building. Do I have to panic and scroll through all the items in my hot-bar in some weird way just to fight back or can I hit a button and poof combat mode?

For the generic weapon types that everyone has come to recognize, do I have to use tomes or wands as the only catalysts, or can I take my dagger of pow pow and shoot sparks at my foes?

Zouls
        Participant

1) nobody knows, not even the devs, so if you can convince them that it works then there is a chance you will see it ingame

I imagine dualwielding is limited to specific weapons (ofc) out of pure balance, but if you sat that aside and made a darksouls ish weapon system where if you have enough strength you can dualwield any weapons it would be epic. but for balancing reason i imagine that being hard as hell. so dualwielding 1hand weapons, axes, swords, daggers, we can go with sickles (mini scythes) too.

usually specific items are under specific categories, so 2 hand weapons (hammer, swords, axes) are slow but hit hard. 1 hand (sword, axe, dagger, sickle) are faster and deal less dmg and then magic (tomes, crystals, scepters, staffs) have no physical stats but increase your magic dmg, some games uses daggers though as a cataclyst cause of the sacrificial values of it wow included, so it might be the case that you have holy daggers (that would actually be freaking badass)

and with the building, atm it looks like it, but to counter it you could do like trove where you could press tab to switch between building and fighting mode, its actually a really good question because that is something that is going to be a big part of the game. i think the easiest would be you had a fighting mode where you had your weapons, and your abilities on your hotbar, and you could tab to get build mode with all your blocks and stuff. so you could be instantly ready if you get attacked.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.