World Building Stream

Home Forums General Discussion World Building Stream

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Karko

I’m Live World Building tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/t1ckl3m33lm0

Karko

In case you missed it here is a small taste.

Thorbjorn

Dang i missed it 🙁

The world looks quite awesome though

Karko

I plan to do more. I am thinking about doing one this weekend in the morning/noon so the devs/EU can watch.

Thorbjorn

Can you save the streams as highlights or are they too long?

Karko

Not sure yet, I’m pretty new to twitch and streaming. I will try and see if i can.

Karko

Going live on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/karko_oo

Karko

Experimented with caves tonight and failed. Tried to use decorations to generate rock pillars, and failed. Added lake biome to Etheria that blends with the ponds in the beach area.

Havok40k
      Participant

I wonder… can you use the tree function to generate rock pillars? Set the leaves to granite and set their height to the ground, then give em the shape you wanted. Just a thought.

James
        Keymaster

Trees can be made with any martial (at the moment) – so yes – what you propose is possible. Maybe you saw the Iron Mushrooms on Luca? They’re “trees”. Gaia also has some more varied trees.

But we’re also planning to add more world “furniture”, for example boulders, houses, towers, etc. So today make crazy trees, but soon they’ll be other shape functions for creating real boulders and rock pillars. Some of the new functions will allow us to generate more interest rock shapes shown in the concept art for the worlds.

Any other world “furniture” you think we should consider including? Ultimately the question is about the procedural generation of the shape, geometry and variation.

Karko

Sort of yes, and no. I did what you described havok, but because it was a tree the pile had some floating blocks toward the top and the texture was all messed up. I know they have the function I just don’t think it is in the current editor.

You can see that Luca has already come up with a way to do it in this screenshot. I just plan to ask him about it next time they do QA in a stream.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.