Worlds being really Planets

Home Forums Suggestions Worlds Worlds being really Planets

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kuma

I was just now thinking about how awesome it would be to have kind of a real Planet feeling in the worlds. With that I mean you could walk in one direction (pun not intended) and end up at the same position you were previously.
      This would open a door to several things. You could have a core you could explore with different monsters than on the surface for example. And you would have kind of a feeling of accomplishment if you explored the whole planet. But the planets wouldn’t be small so it would feel as if they were almost infinte but they are not. Maybe have to walk a (real) day to go around once.
      I would love to hear what you think about this concept and/or if it is even possible because you have the world generator already in place.

Ckrauser

Sounds cool, the only problem I ever have when games do this is it takes just as long to walk all the way around using the surface as it does when your at bedrock, which in reality traveling at bedrock should be faster (less circumference)

Kuma

well yes that is a problem but maybe it could be solved witch some crazy algorithms^^ and even if not the base idea would still be cool but your right it just isn’t right^^

Zouls
      Participant

sure mate. cool but its impossible with the engine they use to generate terrain 🙂

Kuma

I almost thought that^^ But well maybe someday^^

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.